1968 dart wiring harness help

-
So my column is from a 1969,and the tranny 727 is from an 85 d150, so I guess I'm gonna have to rewire the back up switch
On the inside of the bulkhead connector, see if you have wires terminating in cavities C & D. Wires are labled B1 and B2, that are 18 gage white and violet. If so, then that can be used the back up switch. You may have to make your own three wire harness. The three prong connector plugs are available with pigtails. There's two different types. I forgett the difference, but you can see it in how they mate.

PS. In 68, Accessory feeds are Q.
One accessory feed is from the main splice - always hot, goes to the fuse box.
The other accessory feed is switched on when the key is in run. It has a welded splice to distribute power to fuse box, wipers and some other things.

Easy enough to do. That late model trans should have the dual function switch. You should have a brown wire that goes from starter relay to that switch. You've identified the 2 wires for reverse lamps. Route them through the firewall and tape in with the brown wire. You'll need the 3 wire harness connector that goes on that 3 post switch. I don't know if that's available in the aftermarket. Parts Wanted should get you one.
Yep that sounds good I just looked it the tranny it's got the three wire pig tail still attached,will be easy to wire up,thanks for all the help

Why are the signal light indicator orange wires running to the radio plug?

You can buy the three prong transmission connector at Oreilly’s if you need one or a replacement. It is kind of expensive at ~$20, but worth it if you need it.

Why are the signal light indicator orange wires running to the radio plug?
Orange wire isn't signal wires as in turn signals. Orange is illumination. The stock radio has a lamp in it. So radio gets switched red for its power and a orange for the lamp. Lamp on with dash lights whether radio is on or not.

Orange wire isn't signal wires as in turn signals. Orange is illumination. The stock radio has a lamp in it. So radio gets switched red for its power and a orange for the lamp. Lamp on with dash lights whether radio is on or not.
Thanks for that,I've got the harness stretched out across the living room floor,marking everything in masking tape labels,the dashboard sat outside for along time was very rusty,switches are shot,

So the m in the middle of my bulkhead is empty,diagram shows wire going from wiper switch to the m in bulkhead then to something beside wiper motor is this for a multi speed wiper switch?

So the m in the middle of my bulkhead is empty,diagram shows wire going from wiper switch to the m in bulkhead then to something beside wiper motor is this for a multi speed wiper switch?
I don't have 68 diagrams so I dont know for sure. I do know the brown wire that goes to a power washer pump is not in the same bulkhead connector as the other wiper wiring. Its in the middle one. Your diagram show a brown wire there?

I don't have 68 diagrams so I dont know for sure. I do know the brown wire that goes to a power washer pump is not in the same bulkhead connector as the other wiper wiring. Its in the middle one. Your diagram show a brown wire there?
Yes it does,would that have been a option,mine has the foot pump washer

-
Back