1968 Formula s 340 Here we go again

-
Nice find! Those valve covers look just the ones I recently fixed up and painted to match my car. I also don't know who made them, but I like them a lot!

20240507_155631.jpg

20240516_193015.jpg

20240525_230216.jpg

I have the original radiator out of my 68 That you can have for $100 shipped. It had a small pin hole in the top tank which I soldered but decided to go aluminum instead. Both hoses connect on the drivers side. Let me know

So I got a good and warm yesterday for the first time and the top of the radiator seem is been butchered with some two-part epoxy and nobody in my town does radiator repair and I’m not buying a $2500 Glenray for this thing so until I find somebody to fix it I guess I’m gonna have to try and fix it myself or get one of those crappy aluminum jobs for 150 bucks oh well
Just get a 22 inch aluminum one

Just get a 22 inch aluminum one
Yeah, I don’t think the 26 even came in our cars unless it was bb or hemi i think.
was just curious in case I found one.
sucks I got a good radiator. I can’t get it repaired from somebody local.
Back in New York there was radiator shops every 5 miles

image.jpg

Around where I live all the radiator shops closed. The one that re cored my original 15 years or so back guy retired shut the shop down.

Around where I live all the radiator shops closed. The one that re cored my original 15 years or so back guy retired shut the shop down.
I guess with the high cost of shop rent and online stuff from “china” beats the little mom n pops out of business.
What a shame

There was one here but its not correct

View attachment 1716267317
!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE IN LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That IS that the tag to the car, it isn't the tag that was in the listing.
This tag IS for a 68 340 4-speed Fastback

To confirm you just need to compare the SO number to the core support number.
Should be B8B 102798

Alan

!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE IN LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That IS that the tag to the car, it isn't the tag that was in the listing.
This tag IS for a 68 340 4-speed Fastback

To confirm you just need to compare the SO number to the core support number.
Should be B8B 102798

Alan
Al, I didn’t even check the tag when I got the car, so I’m a knucklehead as much as the seller is.
It sure is a BH29 tag!
where are these numbers? I gotta match it on the core support?
Are they right behind the radiator?
Man i owe you one!

Al, I didn’t even check the tag when I got the car, so I’m a knucklehead as much as the seller is.
It sure is a BH29 tag!
where are these numbers? I gotta match it on the core support?
Are they right behind the radiator?
Man i owe you one!
The number is under the coolant decal about 8" from the driver side fender bolt.
There is a second one in the rear under the trunk weatherstrip near the driver side hinge.

Alan

-
Back