1968 Formula s 340 Here we go again

-
Drums came in
Yeah i need two left hand studs!

IMG_5321.jpeg

Bad News guys, Front sub frame is rotted beyond my capabilities.
I will continuation to make it run & drive since i need to make it drivable.
Or buy a Roller to transfer Engine trans rear.
I already ordered the parts i need to do so. Drums, brake lines Etc. she runs now just have to get brake lines on.
Unless i can find someone who can or wants to save this #’s matching 1 of 1074 made 340 4 speed Formula s. Cars.
Here is a pic 2nd pic is looking down from top.
So far investment is $7250.
not buying a carpet that was my plan “$500” and New Tires $300+.
That being said i know anything can be fixed with the right talent and cash.
Just not feasible for me.

IMG_5359.jpeg

Were they centric #12363004 ?
Not sure if they're the right ones ?
Sorry for being a p.i.a.
No problem at all, yes they were centric
I didnt check the part # but i think they were for 10 inch drums front and back. I measured mine to make sure of the size. Wait here is the receipt

IMG_5423.png

That sucks about frame rot! Know anyone capable to replace it?
Nope gonna drive it as is.
That was my plan a driver.
The car was to rusty for me to restore from the get go,
I go 4 miles up the road to a cruise night and back once a week.

Few shots from the driveway today and the nasty Right front drum that was a pita to get off!!!

IMG_5385.jpeg

IMG_5386.jpeg

IMG_5384.jpeg

Hey guys, Well bought another p code 340 4 Speed car. This one is Rusty!
what was i thinking!
Some of you saw it in the Forsale thread
I’m sure.
“Wrong Trim tag car green”
Here it is leaving Michigan Today.
When guys look at it here in Tucson they are gonna be like was it parked in acid? Lol
Pretty Rusted. Lower Quarters, doors and fenders, rear Valance needs help.
Plan is to make it a driver.
Needs Front brake leak fixed
Passenger Exhaust leak
Tail pipes missing
Missing factory Air cleaner and valve covers.

View attachment 1716264765

View attachment 1716264767

View attachment 1716264768

Very desirable car to save thats for sure.
Well, gentlemen; nothing like an F8 green 67-69 Barracuda FB is there? Specially with a 340 and a 4 speed.

Bad News guys, Front sub frame is rotted beyond my capabilities.
I will continuation to make it run & drive since i need to make it drivable.
Or buy a Roller to transfer Engine trans rear.
I already ordered the parts i need to do so. Drums, brake lines Etc. she runs now just have to get brake lines on.
Unless i can find someone who can or wants to save this #’s matching 1 of 1074 made 340 4 speed Formula s. Cars.
Here is a pic 2nd pic is looking down from top.
So far investment is $7250.
not buying a carpet that was my plan “$500” and New Tires $300+.
That being said i know anything can be fixed with the right talent and cash.
Just not feasible for me.

View attachment 1716278085
I would try to get any loose crud out of frame rails maybe go up with coat hanger try to get loose debri out. Also crud hangs up in the tops of rails by A Arms. If you get debri out of rails and off the top of rails then it wont trap moisture and would slow down the rusting.

I would try to get any loose crud out of frame rails maybe go up with coat hanger try to get loose debri out. Also crud hangs up in the tops of rails by A Arms. If you get debri out of rails and off the top of rails then it wont trap moisture and would slow down the rusting.
Thx, yes i started doing this!
Today is brake line Day wish me Luck!

My son has a car that rodents packed the frame rails with debri making a nest had few pins holes in frame rails. We cleaned rails out via holes drilled into floor from inside car, cleaned debri out, sprayed Eastwood stuff inside rails, then put body plugs in floor to close the holes we drilled. Car still has pin holes in frame rails but we stopped the rusting process.

I have had good luck removing loose rust scale and brushing on rust converter to stop rust.

OK, I finished all the brake lines. I have a brake pedal. Yay!
I also installed the front shocks and the three brake hoses. I’m working on the tailpipes. I also found a better carburetor

IMG_5540.jpeg

IMG_5539.jpeg

IMG_5532.jpeg

IMG_5526.jpeg

IMG_5521.jpeg

IMG_5538.jpeg

Great now the master cylinder is leaking in the engine compartment and down the firewall on the inside of the car so I bought myself a new one after breaking the two lines that go down to the proportioning valve, taking it out great all back together now.

IMG_5575.jpeg

IMG_5573.jpeg

IMG_5572.jpeg

IMG_5577.jpeg

So the brakes feel good after the master. Cyl.
I finally got my torsion bars, loose and lowered the front end.
I also took the passenger engine mount out because the car was leaning to the passenger side.that it was wasted see pic. went to buy a new engine mount and it came in wrong. See 2nd and 3rd picture when I looked up a 318 engine mount it came up with the correct one at the parts store so we’re ordering one.
Why would that be?
I also painted my wheels and hubcaps and and I put on my tailpipes. Just need to get them welded and I chained down the engine side of the engine.

IMG_5711.jpeg

IMG_5715.jpeg

IMG_5726.jpeg

IMG_5714.jpeg

IMG_5680.jpeg

IMG_5706.jpeg

-
Back