[SOLD] 1968 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any pictures under hood, interior, modifications to frame for trans upgrade, suspension front to back.

Any before restoration pictures? What was done to the body? Pictures of the engine bay, interior, trunk and the underneath.
Thanks

Any pictures under hood, interior, modifications to frame for trans upgrade, suspension front to back.
All the pics I have are on the website, just click Show More at the bottom.

TBH, I can't speak to any frame modifications because the previous owner did the change. Suspension doesn't have any modifications other than my change to KYB shocks.

Hello all

Infrequent poster but definitely a Mopar fan. I have my 68 Fastback up for sale. Please see this link for details and photos. It is located in Menlo Park, California.

Asking $25K OBO, no trades.

Big Green For Sale
Post up some pics and a description like a regular ad. It's in the rules.

My bad, rookie move.

General specs​

• Original panels, no rust
  • Pro built and installed small block
  • Dyno tested at 450 HP
  • Pro installed Tremec 5-speed and scatter shield
  • Pistol grip TKO shifter
  • Original interior
  • Rebuilt 8 3/4 3.92 rear end
  • Vintage air conditioning
  • Refreshed original paint color
  • Formula S badging (not a true S)
  • Highly optioned V-8 car
  • Over $50,000 spent during restoration, $10K on paint alone
  • Original rebuild documentation, dyno reports, receipts, invoices, etc included with sale.
  • Extra parts included with sale

Per Fender Tag​

• Make: Plymouth Barracuda
  • Price class: high
  • Body Type: 2 door sports hardtop
  • Drive Train: 318 230 HP 1-2BBL 8 Cyl
  • Model Year: 1968
  • Assembly Plant: Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI

Engine​

• Small block 360 LA
  • Carb: custom built Holley 750 double pumper
  • No high stall
  • Competition cam
  • 450 HP on Dyno
  • Tremec 5-speed with scatter shield
  • Oil Filter - Napa Gold 1515
  • Air FIlter - KNN-66-3050
  • MSD Ignition
  • Radiator core replaced 2016

Transmission​

• Converted from automatic to manual by previous owner
  • Tremec 5-speed with scatter shield
  • Pistol grip shifter

Rear End​

• Rebuilt 8 3/4 with 3.92 gears

Wheels and Tires​

• Front - BFG TA 215 70R14
  • Rear - BFG TA 255 60R15
  • Extra pair of 14” wheels with BFG TA 215 70R14, never used

Suspension​

Interior​

• Stock interior
  • Front seats, burlap refurbished several years ago by Mr. Stitch in San Mateo, CA. Also had seat backs swapped to have headrest repositioned for the driver. This gallery shows it passenger side before that change was done.
  • Floor carpet re-done with Dynamat underneath
  • Period AM/FM radio installed. Original, refreshed AM radio included.
  • Vintage A/C
  • All interior lights/gauges work, with the exception of the gas gauge
  • Original automatic console included with sale

Exterior​

• S badging and 340-S hood inserts are cosmetic only
  • Original panels, no rust, no dings, smooth as glass
  • Original color paint redone at cost of $10K approximately

26500711944_3852424d7c_o.jpg

26500838514_3a3c1ec6a9_o.jpg

26500841404_d3e651f859_o.jpg

26502547873_f94055d9d8_o.jpg

27037803411_32cebeb3a9_o.jpg

27073143186_54f9d5553c_o.jpg

27106350515_1019034895_o.jpg

Last edited:
You are correct. In the next day or so, I'll take some new pics to alleviate any concerns that those pictures are still valid.

This guy sent me an email asking, what else I needed to see in order to make an offer. I asked him if I could drive it. He still hasn’t responded to me. This may be a fake ad.

Just sayin’,

Erik
He has been a member since 2015 where he started asking about console parts for this exact car. Don't accuse him of anything unless you know for sure it's true.

I haven't posted much but I am legit and in California, so I apologize in advance for the Central and Eastern zones for delayed responses.

And yes, one headrest. That's how I bought it and since I'm typically rolling solo and there's no holes, I didn't bother to make it right. I never got the story from the previous owner.

IMG_3353.jpg

He has been a member since 2015 where he started asking about console parts for this exact car. Don't accuse him of anything unless you know for sure it's true.
Erik

I did see your email, it's been busy week, so I ask a little grace. You'll see a reply today.

Head restraint on one side only (either side) was an available option combo.

It would be cool to see that verified on the build sheet.

Do you have that?

I don't think they coded that on the fender tag.

Last edited:
Head restraint on one side only (either side) was an available option combo.

It would be cool to see that verified on the build sheet.

Do you have that?

I don't think they coded that on the fender tag.
Unfortunately, I don't recall coming across a build sheet. My upholstery guy only fixed the passenger seat but I never looked in the driver's or rear seats, which I don't believe have ever been removed.

I will provide all the build documentation that came w/ the car. Here's a pic, zoom in at your pleasure.

BTW, thanks for the headrest history.

IMG_3360.jpg

Last edited:
I didn’t accuse him of anything. The word may was used. This may be….is how it was phrased. I live in California and have cash in hand, but got no response to my test drive request.

Anyway…

• Stock interior, never removed from car
  • Front seats, burlap refurbished several years ago by Mr. Stitch in San Mateo, CA
  • Floor carpet re-done with Dynamat underneath
That's confusing...

Is it possible to post a cold start and walk around video to hear the motor running and also clear up any legitimacy concerns.
Thanks

Are seats interchangeable from driver to passenger? First pics shows no head rest on driver then last pic shows the opposite?
I can confirm no because of the seat adjustment on the outside of the seats and chrome trim on the insides.

Then how do you explain showing pictures with head rest on the passenger seat then another picture with the head rest on the drivers seat?

Screenshot_20240726_165812_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240726_165904_Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back