1969 Dart 340 with 727 kick down linkage.

-

mpd12150

Reaction score
I am looking for a complete set up of kickdown linkage from carb to transmission.

I have a 1969 Dart with 408 and a 727 standard shift pattern valve body running a custom Thumper billet BLP carburator. I am missing the complete set up for the kickdown linkage and am hoping someone can help.

Thanks in advance

PXL_20240412_014648000.jpg

I feel like the proper oem stuff is becoming near impossible to find, if your intake is taller than the stock 340 intake that throws another thing to contend with into the mix.

I have a 402 with M1 and quick fuel DP carb and have just bought and am mid way installing a complete Lokar set up for both throttle and kick down.

Once you read the instructions thoroughly, lay things out, and get organized, it looks fairly straight forward to install. I do have a few recommendations to change the throttle cable and how it mounts to the accelerator pedal though. On being the addition of a bushing (I made one) and second cutting off the excess amount of cable housing stud on the inside of the car (to allow greater cable movement between the pedal and the cable housing)

I may post pictures in a separate thread.

OK, thank you. Now that I'm checking other linkages that I have, I remember parting out a 68 Dart 4 door that had a 318 2 barrel, this must have been from that car.

Don't know about the small block stuff, but when sourcing kickdown linkage parts for a big block A-body I found that a manual shift valve body was cheaper. :(

I had to piece together the kickdown linkage for the 4 bbl conversion on this '89 Truck.

Spent the (big) money on what I could find for the brackets, pivots, and special Rod ends and special clips.

Still have a little final fabrication to do on the rods. Have things in the proper positions, now need to weld up the final parts.

No easy task... but I want the OEM original style kickdown.

Got a good buy on the truck, so I am spending the money here to get it the way I want it.

Like this old school stuff way better than the new $50,000 dollar plus new pickups, and this '89 with all the conversions is something I can work on top to bottom > no problem.

20240414_160045.jpg

4 bbl bracket vs 2 bbl bracket.
Bought on Ebay.

Here is 727 layout on a small block on a '76 Truck

Screenshot_20240410-123929_Gallery.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

Here’s a comparison of a 2bbl (top in 1st pic and left side on 2nd and 3rd pics) and 4bbl rod:

IMG_3227.jpeg
IMG_3226.jpeg
IMG_3225.jpeg

I can legally copy and share this: here is the complete set up that is for the 69 to 70 340. From A&A and eliminates the need to buy from all over.

IMG_1231 Large.jpeg

Hope A & A does not permanently run out.
Al, it sure looks like yours is correct for 69 340s! You are one lucky guy.

-
Back