1969 Dart - Dashboard Bulb Socket

-

Kikowillers

Reaction score
Hi all,

Last week I had a look behind the dash of my 69 Dart to find that one of the bulb sockets is missing from the instrument cluster (this explains why the instrument ilumination has a dark spot in the middle).

I'd like to replace the old style bulbs with new LEDs. I found the following sockets on ebay which apparently fit the 69 Dart, but I'm not sure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270989358473#ht_500wt_1043

The item description says it'll fit clusters with a 13mm hole, well, mine look like 15-16mm...

Does anybody know whether these sockets can be used as a replacement for the ones in my 1969 Dart?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Hi all,

Last week I had a look behind the dash of my 69 Dart to find that one of the bulb sockets is missing from the instrument cluster (this explains why the instrument ilumination has a dark spot in the middle).

I'd like to replace the old style bulbs with new LEDs. I found the following sockets on ebay which apparently fit the 69 Dart, but I'm not sure.

The item description says it'll fit clusters with a 13mm hole, well, mine look like 15-16mm...

Does anybody know whether these sockets can be used as a replacement for the ones in my 1969 Dart?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Your eBay link doesn't take me to the led sockets you are talking about.

They look correct. I think the bulb sockets are common to many classic cars. I think rockauto has them too, so compare their PN's.

I put LED bulbs off ebay in my 65 Dart dash because they should have very long life and draw little current. I was afraid they wouldn't be bright enough, but are fine and the slightly blue glow looks neat and modern. Delivery from Hong Kong takes a while, but much cheaper than at retail stores.

Thanks mate!

I think I'll take a chance and buy these. I'm curious to see how the dash looks with the bright LEDs.

Cheers!

-
Back