1969 Dodge Dart - Instrument Cluster Bezel and Lens

-

Lord Sparky

Reaction score
I purchased a new instrument cluster and lens (someone jacked up the old one pulling it out). Do I just glue the clear plastic lens to the pins on the bezel?

CE37B04A-7AA1-411F-8597-4F83B2AA95A1.jpeg

My guess is that the pins on the OEMs were heat melted down. you could try that with a flat metal rod heated enough to melt the plastic.
or perhaps a speed nut if it is not visible when installed.

adhesive would work but be careful of runs or drippage and visibility from the outside when installed

My guess is that the pins on the OEMs were heat melted down. you could try that with a flat metal rod heated enough to melt the plastic.
or perhaps a speed nut if it is not visible when installed.

adhesive would work but be careful of runs or drippage and visibility from the outside when installed

This, they are "staked" with a hot iron. You should be able to use a soldering iron. You'll probably ruin the tip doing it, but it gets it done.

Suppose the question will be if there is enough material remaining to heat stake them.
if its ABS, and I think it is, it can be built up and 'welded' with scraps and the proper solvent. There's a couple posts about this which should come up with a search.

-
Back