1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
KYB's are not that bad, run them on all 4 corners of my Duster.

In fact they were also the only brand of shock that would last on my stock Wrangler.
I could only get around a month or so out of Monroe's, I exchanged them so many times, the parts store just gave me my money back.
Good to know, thanks.

I just put KYBs on the front of my Dart, I've run them before on fox body Mustangs and been very happy with them. My brother uses them on most of his cars as well.

The more I research the wiring, I think it is best just to replace it. I have been investigating M&H and going to call them with some technical questions specific to the car.
It is cheap insurance to replace the engine harness. I did it and the forward lighting harness in a morning. It really cleaned up the engine compartment and got rid of the hackery that occurs over 50 years of different owners working on the car

It is cheap insurance to replace the engine harness. I did it and the forward lighting harness in a morning. It really cleaned up the engine compartment and got rid of the hackery that occurs over 50 years of different owners working on the car

Thanks! I ordered engine/forward light and under dash harness yesterday :thumbsup:

Last edited:
WOW very cool Scott and glad it went to a good home that will take good care of it.

So cool you were able to get that Dart and are working on getting it back running again. And if you are looking for knowledge/advice etc you hit the jack pot becoming a member here and posting up.

Very cool picture. Looks like Don Carlton's colors.

I was a big fan of Don Calton and the Mopar Missile....still am

IMG_20130810_205659_598.jpg

Fuel cooler plus a mag dizzy, nitro-methanol maybe?
3/8 rubber fuel lines with worm drive clamps? And it’s doubtful the dominators were modified to flow enough fuel for either methanol or nitromethane. In the first series of pics the hemi has a mechanical pump, later we found out it has twin electrics. No mention of which pumps were used. @replicaracer43 what pumps were on it?

3/8 rubber fuel lines with worm drive clamps? And it’s doubtful the dominators were modified to flow enough fuel for either methanol or nitromethane. In the first series of pics the hemi has a mechanical pump, later we found out it has twin electrics. No mention of which pumps were used. @replicaracer43 what pumps were on it?
The mechanical pump was in use. No regulator or anything, so the rear pumps were either used previously, or perhaps as "booster" pumps. Zero evidence of any alcohol or nitro usage.

The mechanical pump was in use. No regulator or anything, so the rear pumps were either used previously, or perhaps as "booster" pumps. Zero evidence of any alcohol or nitro usage.
Any idea what pumps they are? Old holleys? Or carters?

Yes, Stewart Warner. Very popular late sixties ( Judy Lilly and others) together with Bendix, maybe even more popular.
Later with Direct Connections, Chrysler may have had a deal with Carter... mostly Carter by this time.
Yes, electrical fuel pumps fed the mechanical fuel pump at this point in time... late sixties. Not a specific fuel regulator.

Last edited:
Look at the underbody, so clean! Your FIL made sure he was feeding that Hemi no matter what. Very cool, old school electric fuel pumps.

-
Back