1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
I know they have been made larger, that's normal on most darts with large wheels.... look at the roof and the lines of the car... have fun not sliding down the seat while driving :)
BTW.. i'm not picking on the car at all... i just think they look better with the rear down and the tires tucked a bit :)
like my Demon. Incentive to wear the seat belt...

The one thing i would do to that car is add some Lace paint... darts are the perfect car for lace :) or scales...

P.S. i'm really bored at work...
img_20180505_103806794_burst000_cover_top-jpg.jpg

I personally love the wild paint jobs from the good old days. Hence the lace on mine. I am likely not done with the paint either....

The one thing i would do to that car is add some Lace paint... darts are the perfect car for lace :) or scales...

P.S. i'm really bored at work...
View attachment 1716085108
I love the old school lace, layered paint also but there is something just too cool about the stock paint and vinyl top combo on this car. Emblems and all.

You are lucky... pretty much no aftermarket wheels look good on my 62... i'm just trying to find a set of steels for it now :)

Just put the largest 15" tires that fit without rubbing and set the ride height accordingly. If you look at some of the old pics from that era that is the way the cars were set up.

Thanks, these are the new wheels and tires, 295 60 15 Hoosier Quick time...................

IMG_7610.JPG

IMG_7611.JPG

Last edited:
Measurements with rear shocks on. Yes they are air shocks, but I never aired them up and highly doubtful they held any pressure for 50 years.

IMG_7700.JPG

IMG_7701.JPG

Just curious, are you going to corroseal the rust on the bottom of the car while you have the tank out and all that?

Good question.....................It will be a lot easier to do something before everything goes back in. I will need to do some research.
A buddy loves a product called Rust Bullet. They have automotive and industrial coatings. Likely what I will use on the Charger

A buddy loves a product called Rust Bullet. They have automotive and industrial coatings. Likely what I will use on the Charger
I use corroseal or phosphoric acid then cover with rustoleum... comes out good enough for my beater :) Being in michigan i have rust issues and am trying to remove every bit i can find.. which is a lot sadly

I use corroseal or phosphoric acid then cover with rustoleum... comes out good enough for my beater :) Being in michigan i have rust issues and am trying to remove every bit i can find.. which is a lot sadly
If it survives in MI, it can pretty much survive everywhere...............LOL. My Dad lives in Michigan, they use that garbage on the roads in the winter.

Looking at that, I like the paint on much better alternative than spray. I can control where it goes and not coat stuff in my shop :thumbsup: Have to do some more research but looks promising ...............

Looking at that, I like the paint on much better alternative than spray. I can control where it goes and not coat stuff in my shop :thumbsup: Have to do some more research but looks promising ...............
I used corroseal brush on.. and phosphoric acid in a bug sprayer for like inside the frame and places i couldn't brush.. then used the eastwood paint that comes with a long tube to paint inside the frame.. just something to keep in mind :) funny thing is these cars will probably never see a drop of water again so it's kind of pointless:)

I used corroseal brush on.. and phosphoric acid in a bug sprayer for like inside the frame and places i couldn't brush.. then used the eastwood paint that comes with a long tube to paint inside the frame.. just something to keep in mind :) funny thing is these cars will probably never see a drop of water again so it's kind of pointless:)
Watching a video on the stuff, very interesting spraying it on.

-
Back