1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
I used corroseal brush on.. and phosphoric acid in a bug sprayer for like inside the frame and places i couldn't brush.. then used the eastwood paint that comes with a long tube to paint inside the frame.. just something to keep in mind :) funny thing is these cars will probably never see a drop of water again so it's kind of pointless:)
So watching this video...................It is a very thin liquid when sprayed on and white. After it dries and cures it turns dark black?

Watching a video on the stuff, very interesting spraying it on.
i prefer brush myself like you said.. so it doesn't get everywhere.. i also brush on rustoleum cause a gallon is cheap and it's like cement when dry.. but doesn't do a showcar finish cause brush strokes but for my car it's fine :)
2022-12-13 18.40.26.jpg

I have been chipping away at things I can do with the car. I have also ordered a bunch of parts. I will post some pics and do an update later today

Removed all the old brake lines. I ordered new brake shoes and wheel cylinders as well as the spring kits. I am replacing the brake lines with the kit I ordered from Inline tube. I also ordered all new bearings and seals for the front.

IMG_7803.JPG

IMG_7818.JPG

IMG_7812.JPG

IMG_7794.JPG

I removed the engine bay wiring harness in preparation to replace it. I have an M&H harness which is plug and play. I am also replacing the starter relay, voltage regulator, ballast resistor. master cylinder, and distribution valve.

IMG_7824.JPG

IMG_7825.JPG

IMG_7826.JPG

IMG_7828.JPG

IMG_7792.JPG

IMG_8023.JPG

nice work! What are the dimensions of the shop you got there? Super jealous

I am not kidding myself, there would still be barely a pathway to walk around

I removed the engine bay wiring harness in preparation to replace it. I have an M&H harness which is plug and play. I am also replacing the starter relay, voltage regulator, ballast resistor. master cylinder, and distribution valve.

View attachment 1716091051

View attachment 1716091052

View attachment 1716091053

View attachment 1716091054

View attachment 1716091055

View attachment 1716091056

Keep in mind that new parts are not always better than your 50+ year old parts. If your starter relay and voltage regulator are working I would seriously consider cleaning them up and keeping them. You can throw the new Chinese ones in the glove box just in case.

Keep in mind that new parts are not always better than your 50+ year old parts. If your starter relay and voltage regulator are working I would seriously consider cleaning them up and keeping them. You can throw the new Chinese ones in the glove box just in case.
Good point. I did order NOS ones so hopefully they will be just as good

NOS is usually good but not really if it has any 50 year old rubber in it like seals etc.

More parts are supposed to arrive today. I received the new gas tank yesterday. Once I get all the parts in, I will start working on putting everything back together.

Last edited:
-
Back