1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
Agree, it will definitely be interesting......................what does your car run?
Just like it sits, mine will run, depending on the air, 9.4xx a tick over 140 mph in the 1/4 mile. That's N/A. If I spray it, it runs 8:4xx at about 160, but I removed all the spray stuff and put it in the basement. I am old and don't like driving that fast anymore.... :rofl: :rofl:

Just like it sits, mine will run, depending on the air, 9.4xx a tick over 140 mph in the 1/4 mile. That's N/A. If I spray it, it runs 8:4xx at about 160, but I removed all the spray stuff and put it in the basement. I am old and don't like driving that fast anymore.... :rofl: :rofl:
WOW, that is Great!:thumbsup:

WOW, that is Great!:thumbsup:
I didn't build it to be super fast, I built it to be a reliable street cruiser that can cruise around on hot summer days without overheating and still run decent. The street torque converter pretty much restricts the 1/4 mile E.T.
I am impatiently awaiting your report from the track on your beast. It's gonna be a blast my friend. You are going to be pleased with how she pulls in high gear.....

Thought this was appropriate for this build.......................:lol:

images (8).jpg

Here is my best SWAG on 1/4 time for @Oldschool and @Scott_ 69HemiDart i think the issue is not going to be HP. my guess the problem will be hooking it up. 10.8 in the 1/4
Yup no slicks...............Dana 60 with 4.88's and haven't raced a car in the 1/4 mile since the 80's. I may not remember how....................... :lol:

Here is my best SWAG on 1/4 time for @Oldschool and @Scott_ 69HemiDart i think the issue is not going to be HP. my guess the problem will be hooking it up. 10.8 in the 1/4
I will take a swing at it too: Depending on traction and Scott's ability to shift gears, :poke: , I will say he will run in the 11:20's on his first day at the track.

C'mon y'all - take a stab at it.....

I will take a swing at it too: Depending on traction and Scott's ability to shift gears, :poke: , I will say he will run in the 11:20's on his first day at the track.

C'mon y'all - take a stab at it.....
Been driving manuals for a long time, however no 4 speed Hemi, ever.................... :lol:

I don’t care what it runs, even if it idles down to a 25 sec ET it’ll still be the coolest car at the track most days.

I'll say 11.70 since that is what my A12 was running with an experienced driver and an automatic.

The first pass ought to be in the 13s though. Work up to it.

Those Hoosiers are very sticky (I have the same ones) and wrinkle wall. I will throw out a 12.0 for first trip to track. Once getting used to launching, I am right close with 11.0. Should be mid to high 10's but they will likely shut you down for extra safety stuff going that fast.

Those Hoosiers are very sticky (I have the same ones) and wrinkle wall. I will throw out a 12.0 for first trip to track. Once getting used to launching, I am right close with 11.0. Should be mid to high 10's but they will likely shut you down for extra safety stuff going that fast.
I will definitely have to get used to the "leave" not going to dump the clutch and leave the trans on the track..................................

I agree with this. I will stand by my 11:20's.....

I will definitely have to get used to the "leave" not going to dump the clutch and leave the trans on the track..................................
Hold it on the rev limiter and slide your foot off the clutch pedal and hold on..... :lol:

I hope I put the brakes together correctly..................... :lol:
Whenever I take the Cuda to the track after a long layoff, I will make an 1/8 mile pass. If everything feels right, I will run to the 1000' mark - if it's all good after that I make a full pass. I don't like a full hard pass right off the bat....

-
Back