1970 Chevelle 396 HEI Ignition No Spark

-
Y'welcome. I just edited my post you replied to, with a relevant link; take another look.
Wow I was not aware of that, thank you very much for sharing. The in cap coil that is on the car uses red/yellow wires and I tested that coil using a multimeter and it tested good so I left it alone. I had not looked at the color of the pickup but since the combination of pickup coil and in-cap coil is the same as it was when it last started (3-4 years ago), it must be a good combination. But thank you anyways. I will disconnect the pickup coil leads that go to the ignition module and test with a multimeter for resistance and I know that it should be several hundred ohms of resistance. I will also make sure ground for the dist case is good.

Also, that carbon tip with the little spring on top that sits under the in-cap coil looked a little burnt up. I don't know why I didn't change that since I have a new one. I'll change that out with the new one I have. And I did not put any of that dielectric grease on that circular rubber washer that goes around the spring. I was reading up that you should so I'll do that as well.

-
Back