1970 Dodge challenger V code $3,000

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
seems awful cheap if he's still got the v=code vin and title. that pile is worth alot if you put it back together.

seems awful cheap if he's still got the v=code vin and title. that pile is worth alot if you put it back together.

its going to take a pile $$$$ to put it back together.
6 pack parts are at the top of the food chain.price wise.
still will be nice (when done) someday.

i looked at the car it has no vin# left on the the car anywhere.It has fiberglass out over the rear quarters. He told me that he wanted to keep the dana out of it for himself.I don`t think it is worth much if it has no rear end the rear end is worth more than the car.

Hey John. Plug it in over on the our sister E body site. You may get some interest there. Someone out there wants that car. Good luck.
Small Block

i looked at the car it has no vin# left on the the car anywhere.It has fiberglass out over the rear quarters. He told me that he wanted to keep the dana out of it for himself.I don`t think it is worth much if it has no rear end the rear end is worth more than the car.

Figures.

Help educate the ignorant! If there's no VIN plate how can one tell if it is actually a "V" code car?

Title would be the only way. Unless, of course the "#'s" engine is still in place and the sequence number links it to a 6bbl engine. Oops, 6 pak, it's a Dodge.

Help educate the ignorant! If there's no VIN plate how can one tell if it is actually a "V" code car?

I didn't get an answer on the phone numbers.
If the vin is gone and the title is there, someone might have a hard time getting any state to retitle it since there are no numbers at all identifying the car for what it is.
Fiberglass is fixable, those numbers are very difficult to fix.

There are only a few reasons it would have ALL of the vins removed. It is stolen or it is a basic car somebody is trying to pass off as something rare. Even as a race car there is no reason to remove all of the many vins that are on the car.

Saw over on moparts where they have a thread about this car , that the guy that now ownes it and has it on the ebay wants $10,000 for the car.
Matt

For my money it does not look like an R/T car, all the tells are missing. The door vin is just a decal or the door came off a wreaking yard car. If he really has a "v" code he should have had pictures of the vin around the trunk-firewall and other places were it is stamped into the body and not on the tag. And pictures of the boxed in rear spring hangers or the skid plate on the k-member.-And were is the original VIN plate? Why was it removed? PS I have a "v" 70 Challenger conv (4speed) that I got back in the late 70's and still have it, this is a car I know well...

Almost $6k now, looks like hes gonna make some nice money. I really hope he isn't rippen some one off tho...

slant6/4speed if you have a real 70 V-code Challenger 4spd vert I would love to see a pic,there were only 36 auto cars and 63 4spd cars built.And there are no #s found on an e-body in the trunk area only body #s on an e-body are vin,radiator support,cowl,fender tag and door sticker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back