1970 Dodge Coronet 500 barnfind

-

72DartSwingerV8

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know i know this is an A-body forum but I just ran into a 1970 Dodge Coronet 500 in the back of some guys yard today. Luckily he was home and showed me the car but wasn't too set on selling it. He said he might give me a call in a few months. Anyways, i know absolutely nothing about Coronets and their value. That's where you come in.

The car is a one owner car and he has paperwork showing that his was the first 1970 coronet bought in San Diego county, which is cool. It has 120k on the dash, no body damage, and very little rust with the exception of burnt paint on the hood and tops of the fenders. Engine is a 383 4 barrel automatic. Everything is original and the car is complete. Will have to be repainted and most likely reupholstered as well. I know these cars are valuable because people clone super bees out of them but how much would you think this particular car is worth? If he calls me up what price should I jump on?

Thanks for the help. Sorry that I don't have any pics.

Personally it's on the "want one" list for me. I wouldn't clone anything. Clean her up and enjoy it as is. Wicked cool car.

I agree with moper, DONT clone...a clone is another name for "wannabe". Cant put a value on it without pics...but being a Cali car and me from Canuckistan I will start the value at $5-7k

it's not worth anything. tell the guy I'll do him a solid by coming over to tow it away and I won't even charge him for the gas and labor. It's just something I feel I'd have to do for a guy stuck with one of those yucky cars. heh heh

No way I would clone it. A pretty rare car from the looks of it and a monster under the hood. It's been sitting outside for 20 years with a tarp over the cabin but its all there. Just want to get an idea of whether or not to jump on it.

To be honest at least my two cents, this year is not as popular as the 67 to 69, completely restored I would guess it would be worth hi teens tops, I'm guessing its a column auto with a bench seat, open rear end?? If you like it buy it but if it needs a total resto you would be under water unless you paint etc.. There just isn't a lot of love from the b body crowd with this model.

'70 Coronets......people love em or hate em! The 500 is nice with the different tail lights like the R/T. I love em, sold my '70 Bee, 440-6, bench 4 speed, Super Track Pak 4:10 Dana about 6 years ago. People on the East coast would kill for that rust free 500 car!!!!

Attachments

• '70 6pak BEE 024@50%size.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 626
  • '69 340 'cuda FB, '70 6pak BEE 023.jpg@50%.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 630
  • '69 340 'cuda FB, '70 6pak BEE 025.jpg@50%.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 626
  • '69 340 'cuda FB, '70 6pak BEE 022.jpg@50%.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 613
  • '69 340 'cuda FB, '70 6pak BEE 020.jpg@50%.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 565
'70 Coronets......people love em or hate em! The 500 is nice with the different tail lights like the R/T. I love em, sold my '70 Bee, 440-6, bench 4 speed, Super Track Pak 4:10 Dana about 6 years ago. People on the East coast would kill for that rust free 500 car!!!!

you got that right:cheers:

I scrolled up and down that post atleast 6 times. :glasses7:

buy it and keep it. I love those cars. Honestly, I like every year Coronet. '65 and '70 being my two favorites.

love the 70 front ends... one of my favorites.. Them are a little heavy, though, and would appreciate a good 440.....

Had a 68 CORONET 440 body I had a 383 and 727 lying around stuck it in there (this was an original 383/727 car) sold it for $1,600.00 but it was in need of floors, trunk floor, r/fender had damage and rust in lower 1/4s. so anything in the $2,000.00 range is a jumper. My 68 was gone in a week.

My favorite body style. Restored big block worth high teens? Find me one, I've been looking for many years for one i can afford.

1970 Dodge Coronet 500

It sure has some 'bulk', and familiar looks.

1970 Dodge Coronet 500

th

1967 Buick Gran Sport

th

That's also on my "want to own list" I'd leave it as a Coronet. My best friend had a 70 Super Bee with a 440 in it I loved that thing.

If it was a 'Black w/Black Interior' '383 Magnum' 4-Speed.

Only '58' 4-Speeds built.

Only '6' built with Black w/Black Interior.

Surprisingly lighter than it looks.........Shipping Weight = #3573 lbs.

It made for a nice 'H/Stock' Stock Classed car in NHRA 1970 and 1971.

In 'stock trim' 4-Speed w/3.55 Gears...........15.10 @ 93 MPH

In terms of fully restored - i don't see it as a huge money car and eventually by getting into minutia that most enthusiasts don't care about you can reduce most to "1 of only xx". I had several "1 of [less than 50]" cars and most people's eyes just glaze over when you start talking about rarity. But - it's got huge cool appeal even if it was a 383 2bbl car with a flat hood that was white with a black interior. I love the swoopy and agressive look of it - much preferred over the boxy and plain styling of the other 68-70 non-Charger B bodies. It's second to the '71 Cudas IMO.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm really hoping he gives me a call when he decides to sell it. It was Blue with I believe a light blue interior but I can't be sure because most of it was covered. It's a monster that I wouldn't mind throwing a built 440 in.

My favorite body style. Restored big block worth high teens? Find me one, I've been looking for many years for one i can afford.
Yep thats the problem whoever restores them probably has double or triple that in it, especially a R/T or super bee, I'm assuming this is a low option flat hood model that the owner thinks is gold! thus sitting in the back yard for 20 years

They are a love it or hate it car for sure. I dig them. There are so many one year only pieces on a '70 b body so it is a good thing to find one complete. A trans cross member for the '70 is unique because it takes a different bolt size than the '68/9 b bodies and lots of other small things throughout.

A '70 Coronet 500 with the 383 4bbl is worth grabbing.

1970 Dodge Coronet 500 {383 4-Barrel ~ Automatic}

* 3.23 Sure-Grip
* White Interior {Bucket Seats}
* P/S ~ P/B ~ A/C

Mint Condition......... $23,500

th

-
Back