-
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesdiamond

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1970 Dodge Dart Swinger for sale or trade. Car has spent its entire life in Indiana. It was bought new at Gerdon Auto Sales of Corydon , Indiana. We have all sales paper work that came with the car to the first owner of which we have names and address. We are the second registerEd owners. The car has 89, 000 original miles on it from what we have been able to tell this car has had a little paint work to a door and fender. But not sure,the '70 grill has been replaced with a 72. Not sure why. The original radio is gone but a Spark o matic is there with one working speaker. The rally wheels were put on by us, we have the factory hub cabs for it. It is a 225 slant 6 which is called the little Hemi by some as it has hemi parts on it. The engine and trans drives and shift flawlessly can drive this car anywhere. Since we have owned it, we have put new front rubber brake hoses on it, a new starter and starter relay, new shocks and tires and the last owner put new brakes on it. We orderd a new wiper bottle for it from Mancini Racing and put a new sending unit in the gas tank.

This car also has the factory option for{ rim blow horn} and works very well.

This is a low optioned car. No AC, manual breaks and manual steering. The inside of the car is near perfact with the exception of some small rips in the driver seat, carpet, headliner,door pnls all in near new shape, the dash pad has a crack in the middle,all glass is in great shape no fading or cracks and all works,and good weather stripping. We have not found any holes in the trunk or floor.

The original trunk mat is still covering the spare tire.

The bumpers from and rear have some dings and fading of the chrome. All lights work very well no wiring problems anywhere. The vinyl top has one small rip in it but is still the original, can't see any rust build up under the top.

The core support took a hit at some point and it is slightly rounded but not hurting the car. The hood latch that holds the hood down was cut in half I guess when the bottom core support took the hit it was done before we got the car. The only rust we have found in the car is on the driver side lower front fender, can have a new patch pnl put in or replace fender.

This car is very eye catching to all who have seen it. The paint is still holding a great sheen to it after all these years. Can be left as is, or drop your own 340 in it.

The springs seem to be weak in the rear, that might be because the original shocks were removed by us when we put the new ones on,
its as if the car was frozen in time for almost 40 years.

We are looking for a 72, 73, or 74 Duster that we can drive, and not a highly modified Duster as it is for my wife and new little baby to drive around in.We aren't looking for { project Dusters} just got done with one and not looking to start over.

Something like this swinger Dart, left unmolested and not touched,can be a 340 or 360 with Rally wheels good tires and brakes and all functions in the car, doesn't have to be a show car as we know cars need attention. Just something if we drive the Dart to you and you drive the Duster to us we exchange titles and info.

You are welcome to come see the car if you live close by or email us and we can give info on any questions you have.......
If you email us we can send the pics to you, or text me at 931 538 9027 and can send all the pics you need to see her.

Clean Title!!

Thanks

P.S. Folks, I am looking for a Plymouth Duster, don't waste my time with guns,boats, goats, or anything else you may want to trade other than a 72 thru 74 Duster.

Please no scams, please don't waste our time for advertisements!!

THERE IS SOME RUST UNDER THE HOOD, LIGHT SURFACE RUST ALSO, ON EACH INNER FENDER AT THE TOP WHERE THE FENDERS BOLT TO THE INNER FENDERS. BUILD UP OF RUST BUT NOT RUSTED THROUGH, THERE IS ONE SPOT WHERE A SMALL PIECE OF METEL IS MISSING FROM RUST. ON THE FLAT PART OF THE UPPER INNER FENDER NOT SURE AS IT WAS THERE WHEN WE BOUGHT HER,.
JUST BEING UP FRONT AND OPEN BEFORE SOMEONE SAYS I DIDNT TELL EVERYTHING ABOUT THE DART SWINGER,.
AND ONE MORE THING,, THE REAR END I THINK IS A 7 AND A 1/4 OR 8 1/4 NON POSI.

THANKS FOR LOOKING!!

Have Loads of PICS!!

May be able to drive it to you!

6.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

If you do not live in the U.S you do not get this car?WTF?A little biased here?Guess my money,s no good.Too bad,nice car.:stop:

If you do not live in the U.S you do not get this car?WTF?A little biased here?Guess my money,s no good.Too bad,nice car.:stop:

If I had to guess I bet he is referring to the folks in Africa who will send him $100,000 for the car and only ask for the car and $3000 in change. They will need his account info and mother's name to process the transaction...and to insure all goes well they will want is Social Security Number as well. Not sure about Canada but we get these POS offers all the time.

Good luck with the sale...if only it had a V8 already in her.

If you have ever advertised something online, you know that scammers are out there, they call offering a $10,000 check in exchange for the change to be sent to them. This was not put in to be biased to anyone. Anyone is welcome as long as there is real money involved, we will cooperate as much as possible to make it happen.

If you have ever advertised something online, you know that scammers are out there, they call offering a $10,000 check in exchange for the change to be sent to them. This was not put in to be biased to anyone. Anyone is welcome as long as there is real money involved, we will cooperate as much as possible to make it happen.

No need to explain. For those of us that have been doing this long enough and have seen all the games ... we understand. Good luck with your sale.

just dont want to make no one mad ,and thanks, with the hits so far maybe someone will love it enough to take her home,,
my wife just really wants a duster since i just got mine done she loves the way it turned out,,

Not trying to be a smart *** but I was curious as to which parts on the slant six are the same as a Hemi. I've been a slant six fan for 40 years and the only thing I can think of that would be the same are some fasteners. Love those Darts!!

Not trying to be a smart *** but I was curious as to which parts on the slant six are the same as a Hemi. I've been a slant six fan for 40 years and the only thing I can think of that would be the same are some fasteners. Love those Darts!!
I was going to ask the same thing.Waiting to hear the answer. Mark

I can't think of any thing other than maybe the spark plug tubes... but they are different than the hemi........ Cool car, good luck with the sale.

the spark plug tubes noting more nothing less,,, im not an expert just an observation by a friend,,,,,,,, the car is on its way to V.A IT WAS SOLD

the DART IS HERE...I ve had several online transactions occur...and my best advise to ALL is this: when it comes time to deal with mikesdiamond..dont delay!! the car is way better than i thought it would be!! this guy is the real deal...and the car has turned out to be the best a-body ive found in the last 20 years..dont question or second guess him..he knows a good car when he sees it!! I sincerly hope he's as happy on his end as i am!! if not i expect him to IM text or email me...as this is the kinda guy (an his wife too) that you wanna keep close... an be buddies with!!!thanks again mikeandwife!!!!

mopars 041.jpg

mopars 042.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back