1971 dart swinger

-

turdkicker

Reaction score
picked up a 71 swinger years ago 15+ ran vin code through a friend who at that time contacted galen gouvier who decoded it s fender tag said it was a 1of the 75 or so 340 4spd cars sold in Saskatchewan the car is missing the 340 the 4spd still there car is in rough shape as some one from another planet tried there hand at autobody it was not in a collision just rusty lower g panels ect I was thinking of getting the car slowly back in shape correctly but I need to know if this car is truly a 340 4spd survivor not to interested in a clone I do not have the fender tag handy but I do have it I could post the fender tag and have you gurus tell me if what galen said is true, the car is black with white interior 4 spd and 8 3/4 diff any help would be appreciated thanks lionel

Welcome to FABO!!

Posting your fender tag in Mopar Discussions will get you better results sinne many members don't read the Welcome Wagon.

First off , Welcome to the site . Now about your Dart being a 340 car or not . Is the 5th digit in your VIN # an H ? Also on the front of your K frame . There should be what looks like a washer spot welded in the front in the middle .

Welcome Lionel...

If Galen did indeed say it was good, I'd have to think there's a 99% chance it is. What a nice find, and a car that could absorb some $$$ and still be a good deal.....Especially if you could locate a similar number 340 to install.

thanks guys for hearding me in the right direction now i'll have to figure out how to navigate this site ,as new to this kind of thing if you may have noticed by my intro kinda cheezee sorry and thanks again lionel

Welcome to the site Lionel. I live on Vancouver Island, but I work at Agrium Potash mine in Vanscoy, and live over just off 8th and Preston while I'm here. Where abouts in Saskatoon are you? I'd love to see the car some time.

Welcome Lionel, you've got a Canadian 340 Swinger Special, nice find. Dartnut posted you my link hope it helps you out and we'd love to see some pictures of you car.

Welcome Lionel, you've got a Canadian 340 Swinger Special, nice find. Dartnut posted you my link hope it helps you out and we'd love to see some pictures of you car.

Glad to help, good to see another one found and saved! :cheers:

-
Back