1972 Demon Build

-
Hello paint! A little hot rod white going on the interior.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

More work on the car today. Blasted and restored the wiper arms, fitted new seals, installed gaskets. Reassembled the majority of steering column. All new internal parts except ignition switch and turn signal switch. Blasted primed and painted power steering pump bracket and hardware.

image.jpeg

I am digging the white too. Interior is a flat hot rod white. I think I media blasted thirty or more nuts and bolts. Have about 15 bags to go. Column was a ***** to get back together. Wipers were frozen. Had to get some a grade dog snot, a vice, and pliers to break them free. So easy to work on when everything out of the car!

Ok. Who said restore this AC box? Lol Lord this thing was full of leaves and such. Cleaned out, wire brush, blasted metal, cleaned some more. Paint to outer box. Ordered new heater coil as this one leaked like a sieve. Lube to all the pivot points. Detroit Muscle Technologies rebuild kit came today. Stripped dash some more and prepped to paint.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Cleaned and cleaned and cleaned some more. Bench tested the motor before the restore. I would recommend that. I did a wiper motor once, looked great but didn't run. I need the door latch...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

DMT kit has it all. Including directions...took me two days to fully restore this portion. A/C box is first. Blasted the drip pan and painted while I went after the inside of the box.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Heater core had a leak so Advanced Auto hooked me up. Still need to clean the vacuum hoses. Need a diagram of the firewall forward to manifold. Need A/C underwood components as well...later.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Dude I am so happy that part is done. Have the part by the driver's side to do. Prepping the interior for paint tomorrow morning.

Ok. Had stuff to do today so I only got a couple of hours in on the car. Two of us working on paint prep. My buddy going tail end. I kept at the front. I have to get the driver's firewall area cleared and restore that portion of the air box. Need to pick up foot washer stuff, ebrake, speedo cable, etc.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks. I am still learning. It has been hotter than hell here. About melted my *** off today but I got a ton done. Pulled driver's fresh air box, cleaned, painted, new DMT seal. Replaced after I finished interior firewall. Pulled manual foot washed, cleaned, works, painted, reinstalled. Finished cleaning roof, firewall, rear inner door area. Applied a final coat of rust preventative then rubberized undercoat to help deaden a bit of sound. Still have trunk, wheel hump, and inner quarters to do.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

More work. Also applied new seam sealer everywhere I took it out. One spot on front pan still needs a bead of weld. Couldn't get to it with dash and heater in place. Roof still a little wet in the pic.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Still need to install the new body plugs after paint on interior. Safest place for the dash today was the bathroom!

image.jpg

So close I can smell it. Going back to gather now. Pulled the trunk off for a light blast and figment check. Fits like a glove. Need more sanding and sealed. Then more sanding. Then some more sanding. After that....maybe some more and then PAINT.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mr Gs fasteners and bolt kits worked well for me. I can't tell you how many ziplocs full of bolts I had, but I think I hand blasted no less than sixty bolts from various places on the car, primed, and painted. Where I didn't see them, I bought new. Front radiator support repaired and back on the car. New front valance from AMD buckled into place. Final once over on engine bay and then paint is coming. Fit and lines are the junk. Spoiler from Triggerman in Satin black. Grill almost done with custom paint. I need one more afternoon. And yes, I will get that primer run on driver's side!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Dam what a man and some energy can do to make time fly , Looking really
nice , the work looking gr8 too, keep pushn on with that quality, it will be a 2016 car. VERY NICE WORK . JDMopar the motor running strong yet Thanks
a bunch. GL to us all. HAGR812 every 1

-
Back