1972 prototype dodge truck?

-
fullashit fullashit fullashit fullashit

Wow! Superbee disc brakes! Prototype LRE! Would be a fun truck but not quite like it's advertised!

it is the first ever long bed fleet side lil red express

it even says BIG red express on the door

Good eye Lance, I missed that one!
I spotted the longbed, but truck being 30 years old who knows what's been changed??? If I were close I would be going to look at it for sh1ts n giggles...nice aircleaner

Wow;never say never but highly unlikely.

even if it is fake, I think its pretty cool looking!:) I wonder what the hell that guy has in the bed though, looks like its on the axle bump stops!!!

That isn't even a '72... It's a '79-'80, maybe even newer than that if all the sheet metal got swapped to something else. and am I the only one that sees a hacked off rocker panel with what looks like rust heaven in sight?

Edit: The steering box is on the wrong side of the frame for it to be a '72

factory disk brakes from a super bee.

Where in the heck did he come up with this?? Interesting.....the roof is black. And maybe, those wood "stakes" on the bed are factory. It sure makes ya wonder.....he might know more of the story if you went down and downloaded his brain.

Unusual, don't see too many 70's Dodge Trucks with the Vinyl Top option.

Says Super Bee brakes in the description? As far as I know, that's not possible. The trucks use different LBJ's and Spindles

That isn't even a '72... It's a '79-'80, maybe even newer than that if all the sheet metal got swapped to something else. and am I the only one that sees a hacked off rocker panel with what looks like rust heaven in sight?

I got one eye and I saw it. Good eye Mike.

its a custom truck, you can get the lre stickers made up, the bed stacks can be made up too. its just a long bed with a big engine. im sure the disk brakes on my 78 would be the bbp maybe. long beds are for hauling, not hauling ***

long beds are for hauling, not hauling ***

As usual another ridiculously stupid statement.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCuGNMOHIy4"]The FARM TRUCK! The ultimate sleeper truck - YouTube[/ame]

Looks like the correct sheet metal to me, and the steering box is where it belongs on a '72. Since disc brakes weren't stock until '73, the B-body claim could be legit. I'd bet the tonneau cover snaps were added some time after '72.

I wouldn't write it off without checking it out, but without documentation to lend some value, it's really just a rough and rusty oddity.

Could be legit all zeros but 27 no fake i say but if i were close i would have to see it.

I have a 318 engine block....has all zeros except for the first digit...a 1.
IIRC...A220J-00001....i'd have to dig it out....needs a rebuild.

Looks like the correct sheet metal to me, and the steering box is where it belongs on a '72. Since disc brakes weren't stock until '73, the B-body claim could be legit. I'd bet the tonneau cover snaps were added some time after '72.

I wouldn't write it off without checking it out, but without documentation to lend some value, it's really just a rough and rusty oddity.

Sorry Gary, you are incorrect. The steering boxes on the earlier trucks were on the inside of the frame. The later truck on the outside. I have an 83 D150 chassis that the steering box is in the same place. I forget when they changed it, but that chassis is not a 72. Neither is the sheet metal.

-
Back