1973 Duster Restoration

-
DGTWO,

Thats awesome! Surly you have more pics than that! Lets see more! Let me ask you about the tail light panel, did it fit well? Did you have to do a lot of work to make it fit?

DGTWO,

Thats awesome! Surly you have more pics than that! Lets see more! Let me ask you about the tail light panel, did it fit well? Did you have to do a lot of work to make it fit?
The Tail Light panel come from Tamaraz Parts Fit Perfect no dings or dents when I recieved it very happy with their product

The Tail Light panel come from Tamaraz Parts Fit Perfect no dings or dents when I recieved it very happy with their product
I have a ton of teardown pics dont want to bore everyone this is about as far as it is right now I will post more pics as it moves along Thanks for looking

Looking good!Keep up the great work.I also have a 73 340,4 speed H-code car,but mines a Dart Sport.I had my 66 Dart shipped up from Alabama also.

Is that gun metel grey under the hood or some kind of primer? I'm color bind so I cant really tell what shade it is. Keep it up!

What's the deal with those super short straight shifters anyway? Mine had one of those when I first bought it, I still have the shaft in one of my tool boxes.

Were they something special? I never saw them before I got my Duster and then on this site.

What's the deal with those super short straight shifters anyway? Mine had one of those when I first bought it, I still have the shaft in one of my tool boxes.

Were they something special? I never saw them before I got my Duster and then on this site.
I dont know Im not going to use it bought another off ebay with longer shifter handle

Great pics! I'm restoring a 73 Duster 340 with my dad, also in Canada. We have most of the trunk floor out right now and have to replace the quarters too. Its frustrating work but can't wait for the finished product!

Actually one of the first things I did way back when I fist got the Duster was t remove the short shifter. Wasn't very easy to shift especially w/bench seat.

Then I totally screwed it up by installing a Mr. Gasket V-Gate. The V-Gate shifter worked great, but I had to hack the stock 4-spd hump so it would fit.

Ah, the impatience of youth.

Great pics! I'm restoring a 73 Duster 340 with my dad, also in Canada. We have most of the trunk floor out right now and have to replace the quarters too. Its frustrating work but can't wait for the finished product!
Yeah I know Fun to do but sometimes very frustrating when that happens walk away curse a little when your ready tackle it again thats pretty much what I do.But also cant wait till its done enough to drive cuz I doubt it will never be done done there will always be that little something.Keep up the good work and have fun at it I wish my dad was still around to yell at me like he used to when we worked on cars.Cherish The Time!!

Looking good!Will this be done by summer time?
I am really trying for late summer The engine is out getting a stroker kit the seats are out getting pretty much rebuilt so it will be close maybe late summer in time for New Hamburge hopefully providing my wife dont find out how much Im spending LOL no she is on board REALLY!!

-
Back