1974 D100 frame off build up

-
I am doing things properly to keep spring rates right in the rear, I won't need to notch my frame as I won't be loading weight in the bed. After some more research I may be able to weld in the threaded rings for K772 ball joint into the van lower control arms as an option if I want to keep stock front coil springs. But with the MII LCA I can run coil overs from QA1 or something similar. The MII spindle using the MII bearing is also fine, there is a $800 kit for Wildwood disc brakes and calipers for the stock style spindle. I want to demonstrate something new, this isn't just about taken the beaten path for my own needs. I made a small business making gauge panels for these trucks because I made my own path I want to expand my contribution to the Mopar world by doing something no one else is doing. And the more pushback I get the better!

I believe it’s CPP that makes a C5 hub and sealed bearing for the mustang II spindle.

I believe it’s CPP that makes a C5 hub and sealed bearing for the mustang II spindle.
Correct, that's who I was looking at. The only downside is needing 17" wheels. But it's an option, Corvette brakes are very light weight, and an affordable way to get a big brake kit. I think I will go with the MII bearing style and get the Wildwood 11 inch brake kit from summit racing for my build, but I would like to gather all the parts for a tangeable demonstration! It could open up a new door for options for those looking for more. Also I like that you can option all of this to use the 5x4.5 bolt pattern, or the 5x5.5

Well, $961. And a wilwood rear kit for the next rear axle is available as well. I have plans for the universal wilwood booster and master cylinder with a proportion valve. The entire brake system is being rebuilt from scratch, on an upcoming video

SmartSelect_20240917_145610_Firefox.jpg

-
Back