1974 Duster Project

-
Did the body shop line the panels and test fit the bumper? From the pics above it looks like that was the side that had the damage. You have the same gap problem with your trunk. It looks like the tail panel and quarter are high on the left hand side.

That could be the case, he only had the damaged bumper as I had a hard time finding a replacement one.

Did the body shop line the panels and test fit the bumper? From the pics above it looks like that was the side that had the damage. You have the same gap problem with your trunk. It looks like the tail panel and quarter are high on the left hand side.

Any idea's on fixing this one without having to cut the panel(s) off and reline them?

From the pics I have seen for that year of duster the bumper does stick out about an inch or so on the sides with a painted filler. As far as aligning it. Some times just tweaking the adjustment and splitting the difference will work. I cut my bumpers down on my charger I did not like how far they stuck out. but that take a lot of work and mine are powder coated so I was able to hide imperfections.Try raising it as high as you can on the left and lowering a little on the right.

From the pics I have seen for that year of duster the bumper does stick out about an inch or so on the sides with a painted filler. As far as aligning it. Some times just tweaking the adjustment and splitting the difference will work. I cut my bumpers down on my charger I did not like how far they stuck out. but that take a lot of work and mine are powder coated so I was able to hide imperfections.Try raising it as high as you can on the left and lowering a little on the right.

I'm not sure how to lower it, would I move the bolts on the mounting bracket or would I lower the pieces that are attached to the car. (I have no idea what they are called, you can see them on the pictures from where I brought it home) What I had thought to do would be to move the bolts on the mounting bracket.

On another note, I noticed you live in Colorado springs, I have some family up that way.

Little update on the car, I've been collecting black interior parts as that's pretty much all that is left to do. Almost done :D

-
Back