1975 Road Runner

-
One of my brother's had a '77 Plymouth Volare Road Runner.... 318 2bbl 4 speed. I liked the car.....

Sorry, here's the pic.
image.jpeg

That's a Dodge Dart, and I think it is pretty cool. Same idea as in the 1960's: relatively inexpensive yet somewhat better than a real econobox. And they come in different versions, some aimed at fuel economy, and some aimed at a little more performance. Like I said, just like the Darts of the '60s. Its unfortunate that they were not more successful. I understand that '17 is the last year.

My older sister had a 1975 Road Runner. It was gold and had the trunk lid decal. I don't remember if it had the other body stripe up and over the roof. Not sure what motor was in it either. She sold that and bought a 1982(?) Omni/Horizon "Charger" (2.2L FWD).

Its not that bad. Particularly when you see what cars have become these days. I would drive it long before
a Monte Carlo or whatever else was offered in its class.

It has all the muscle car ques. Long hood, short deck. Wide stance. They are good lookin cars.

this discussion always brings in some emotion! I have found over the last 30 years , as us mopar hobbbiest get older, we tend to find out love and interest in cars, based on what we think and feel, NOT what is the generally accepted cool models.

I love the 68-9 b bodies. had plenty. I also have had a 71 runner, 72 sport satelittle. few others. I like them. not as much as the 68-9 and most people don't. I just like them for the reasons I like them, not why others don't! ha

little heavy, but great road cars. the big bumpers? most of us don't like. that car is a wonderful buy for someone that loves and relates to that model. I say, dirt cheap, but probably not worth a lot more in the market, unless to the right buyer. hope it finds a loving home!

I have never had a 75 road runner. But I've had a 75
Charger SE a few decades back. I remember it as being one of the most comfortable riding cars I ever owned.
440s set right in place with factory parts. Same for a B&E length 4-speed console set-up. Big brakes was nice.
Mopar sold aluminum spacers to stable up the isolated K frame back in the day.
As easy to swap drivetrains on as an E body.
All the options a guy could want bolted right in from the up scale Cordoba. Power windows, seats, factory tach and tuff wheel. Well engineered cars.
Wish I never sold my black on black Charger SE to this day. I was into E-bodies then and didn't appreciate the car as I would today. Those heavy bumpers was what I disliked the most.

.so you consider those mitso whatever challengers made back in the 80's the same as a '70-'71..!!!
I will join the fun...... :rofl: Keep'n it in good humor.....

I don't think anyone will say yes to that. Nor do I think anyone would say "yes" to the '75 RR being the same as what the '68-70's were. Prices indicate that....
But I can say I like the '68-70's RR better than the '71-74's. Does this mean the "71-74's aren't RoadRunners? Nope, they're still RR's, just not my favorite type. It's called a body style change. It changed again in '75. Some liked it, some didn't. But it's still a Road Runner. VIN proves it.

You don't have to like it, but to deny it's very existence is like saying "340's weren't built in 1973. Nope! Not with that compression, and those heads. Nope, never made a 340 in '73. Well, you can call them that, but that's not what they were."

You don't have to like it, but to deny it's very existence is like saying "340's weren't built in 1973. Nope! Not with that compression, and those heads. Nope, never made a 340 in '73. Well, you can call them that, but that's not what they were."
he's anti "beak car"...... :D LOL

How Can You Call This A Road Runner? This Is NOT a Road Runner !!!! They just made a car and slapped a name on it cause they didn't know what else to call it.
upload_2016-7-11_10-49-43.png

THIS is what they Look LIKE!!!!!

upload_2016-7-11_10-51-0.png

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:poke:

DANGEROUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 road runners racing side by side in a no passing zone up a hill

upload_2016-7-11_12-5-2.png

ha! sorta like the first and second generation Chargers. I know a guy that had a perfectly restored 68 hemi charger rt. yes a real one. he h ad herd of first gen chargers. he liked them best! now which gen. charger is the REAL one. ??? may the real one stand UP!!! ha

ha! sorta like the first and second generation Chargers. I know a guy that had a perfectly restored 68 hemi charger rt. yes a real one. he h ad herd of first gen chargers. he liked them best! now which gen. charger is the REAL one. ??? may the real one stand UP!!! ha

Well, to throw some gas on the fire, using the logic of some, the A-body Dart isn't a real Dart. Those came in '60.

So that would mean the second gen Chargers ('68-'70) aren't real Chargers. Those only came in '66 and '67.

lmao

Yep, just like real Barracudas were only made from '64 to '66. Where do them '67-'69 guys think they can say they have real Barracudas and don't get me started on those E-body abominations! :D

-
Back