2011 Dodge Charger - car ****

-
Well.... to a lot of you that are nay sayers..... GO LOOK AT ONE. sheesh already.... yes it has 4-doors... lets beat that horse to death another 500 times... get over it. Nothing says you have to like it... but to keep saying you dont like it cuz it has 4-doors is soooo oooold... lol...
We just got one in. All I can say is WOW. They definatley stepped up the program. Very nice interior and the exterior has some vintage idea mods done to it. The hood has the dual indents like a 68 and the rear tail light assembly as "kinda" the same idea on the outline. The new body line is a large step forward. The interior... man... its as nice as Darth Vaders Bathroom..... Over all I give it a thumbs up. Guys....and gals.... this is a "new car" The "Retro" style we all want isnt going to last. Cant make retro look last forever. Even the Mustang will have to change it look soon... its getting played out in the new car market. New cars have to change..... its just that simple. Thats why we have "retro" cars folks. Also lets be honest.... two door cars sit on our lots for a long time.... not many "people in the market for a new car" want something the family cant sit in.
So am I ranting.. nope. I agree with the Charger would be cool in a two door... but it isnt going to happen because it doesnt make sense in a new car market. As for it looking like a import .... thats called " modern styling" check every New car on the market... they have it. (Except the retro style cars)
If I was in the market.... I would definately get a new Charger. Nice. Nice.

-RPM

Well I like it. It's way cooler than any 4 door I've ever owned!

Would I buy one if I were able? Nope,I need a truck. But if I needed a 4 door car,I'd opt for the 300 h.p V6 model with some nice upscale options.

Well.... to a lot of you that are nay sayers..... GO LOOK AT ONE. sheesh already.... yes it has 4-doors... lets beat that horse to death another 500 times... get over it. Nothing says you have to like it... but to keep saying you dont like it cuz it has 4-doors is soooo oooold... lol...
We just got one in. All I can say is WOW. They definatley stepped up the program. Very nice interior and the exterior has some vintage idea mods done to it. The hood has the dual indents like a 68 and the rear tail light assembly as "kinda" the same idea on the outline. The new body line is a large step forward. The interior... man... its as nice as Darth Vaders Bathroom..... Over all I give it a thumbs up. Guys....and gals.... this is a "new car" The "Retro" style we all want isnt going to last. Cant make retro look last forever. Even the Mustang will have to change it look soon... its getting played out in the new car market. New cars have to change..... its just that simple. Thats why we have "retro" cars folks. Also lets be honest.... two door cars sit on our lots for a long time.... not many "people in the market for a new car" want something the family cant sit in.
So am I ranting.. nope. I agree with the Charger would be cool in a two door... but it isnt going to happen because it doesnt make sense in a new car market. As for it looking like a import .... thats called " modern styling" check every New car on the market... they have it. (Except the retro style cars)
If I was in the market.... I would definately get a new Charger. Nice. Nice.

-RPM

Agreed!! We can't stay stuck in 1969 forever!! Times change and so do the cars!! We as consumers DEMAND this. Not everyone is going to like every car and that's personal choice. You don't like it , don't buy it!! My wife's 07 is coming out of it's lease soon and this might just fit the bill for her. Who knows?? We'll see.

idk what all the fuss is about, i think its fawkin hawt compared to the barge charger of the past several years.... im sorta used to four doors now.... damn car manufacturers only have one slot for two door sports cars, rather have a four door charger than no challenger

with the new body lines on the charger it looks like they are working up to a two door. they can't pull something out of the past like that and just leave us hanging. it will be here in the next couple of years.

Got a call from the Sales Mgr at the local Dodge Dealer, they got their first 2011 Charger in and he told me to come by and take some pics and dimensions if I wanted to. Needless to say, I got over there as fast as I could.

First impression - WOW! It is drop dead gorgeous! Someone else must agree because it had not been on the lot for 2 hours and they were already writing a deal on it!

I grown to like these and the 11 looks a lot better.I read that Chrysler is upgrading the interior.Did you notice that?

Interior upgrades on all Chrysler/Dodge products has changed for the better massively !!! Very nice soft touch feel instead of all the hard plastics... nice stiched work. Looks like a car should again and very comfortable.

-RPM

I like It,..Tailights look very cool @ night,...I'd buy one if they ever put a clutch pedal in It,...I've rebuilt way too many slush pumps to even consider owning one...

Interior upgrades on all Chrysler/Dodge products has changed for the better massively !!! Very nice soft touch feel instead of all the hard plastics... nice stiched work. Looks like a car should again and very comfortable.

-RPM

Could possibly be the european influence of Fiat we are seeing with regards to interior. European cars typically have much nicer interior's,higher end cars like Jaguar etc are beautifull inside. Not to dis North American cars,but they do use waaaaay to much plastic inside for my taste.

Could possibly be the european influence of Fiat we are seeing with regards to interior. European cars typically have much nicer interior's,higher end cars like Jaguar etc are beautifull inside. Not to dis North American cars,but they do use waaaaay to much plastic inside for my taste.

Agreed. The cars over here have a much nicer interior, on average, than American cars, or any others for that matter. Even the Ford interiors seem nicer here than the Fords back home.

Yes. North America uses waaaaay to much plastic inside. I hate plastic....

Good looking car.

It looks like you could make a modern Daytona with this car. The front bumper cover could be kicked out at the bottom and the grill area reduced. A roof high wing in the back( electrical adjustable ). Manuel trans.
I know that NASCAR would NOT let it race. They lost me as a fan years ago.
To me Dodge has also produced a car to attract the maturing Jap/Import people. They have kids too.

I got the chance to see one today and sit in one and they are very nice inside and out. All they need now is a manual tranny

Yes.For some strange reason,chrysler is being remarkably stubborn about not putting a manual trans in.

I like it. It could be better, but I still like it. Yup, the bean-counters told them to keep it a 4-door, I imagine. But....I can't help but think that if they did a reasonably retro version of the original 2-door Charger, people would go nuts and buy it. It would have a usable rear seat for the kids too.

-
Back