• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 20 40.0%

• Total voters
-
I was really trying to get some do's and don'ts on that Magnum thread if you jump in it's just going to look like another one of our Fiasco arguments instead of actually getting some help and things to look out for. If you have some I'd like to know.. my wife's Durango has well over 200000 Mi and her other Durango is creeping up on it as well. That's why I like these motors but they do have common problems. I don't want to go through that much trouble and not clean up my engine bay. I've had the truck for a year and it doesn't suit me to have anything dirty under the hood...

I was really trying to get some do's and don'ts on that Magnum thread if you jump in it's just going to look like another one of our Fiasco arguments instead of actually getting some help and things to look out for. If you have some I'd like to know.. my wife's Durango has well over 200000 Mi and her other Durango is creeping up on it as well. That's why I like these motors but they do have common problems. I don't want to go through that much trouble and not clean up my engine bay. I've had the truck for a year and it doesn't suit me to have anything dirty under the hood...
I answered honestly ????? you could just pull the intake. But I mean, you most likely have cracked heads which don't hurt anything. It will be up to you how far you want to dig....

spaghetti and votes.....
7dce9111d5c6570e3a383e194c773549?width=650.jpg

I answered honestly ????? you could just pull the intake. But I mean, you most likely have cracked heads which don't hurt anything. It will be up to you how far you want to dig....
I understand you answered honestly LOL but helpfully?.. I'm not taking the heads off I just want to reseal it and clean it up and clean up the engine compartment while it is out. I may go as far as the timing chain but I'm not going to take the heads off. I'd like to have this in and out within a week. This is my daily driver...

I understand you answered honestly LOL but helpfully?.. I'm not taking the heads off I just want to reseal it and clean it up and clean up the engine compartment while it is out. I may go as far as the timing chain but I'm not going to take the heads off. I'd like to have this in and out within a week. This is my daily driver...
I guess it was as simple as you don't need to reseal anything, just fix the intake. But, means you have it out it's not a bad idea. Maybe you already knew this, but I mean I have 268k and I don't need a reseal. just say'n

I guess it was as simple as you don't need to reseal anything, just fix the intake. But, means you have it out it's not a bad idea. Maybe you already knew this, but I mean I have 268k and I don't need a reseal. just say'n
I know the transmission has been out for a rebuild just before I bought it. I'm not expecting a really hard time pulling the engine out. I mean if I'm taking everything off the top anyways what's left?...

I was really trying to get some do's and don'ts on that Magnum thread if you jump in it's just going to look like another one of our Fiasco arguments instead of actually getting some help .
:eek::eek: your welcome on any of my threads :)

more spaghetti.…. :(

:eek::eek: your welcome on any of my threads :)

more spaghetti.…. :(
Lol... I never said you weren't welcome on my thread and stop doing what you do and twisting the conversation to suit your discussion! LOL... All three of our daily drivers have 98 Magnum Motors and there's a reason because they are great but not without their problems... take a close look at your answer in a close look at the one person who jumped in and said something. Telling me that they're good Motors is something we all knew..
on the other hand look at the technical advice that was given that I really need to know before I go doing something stupid.. I may have pulled the distributor but definitely not the cam..

Lol... I never said you weren't welcome on my thread and stop doing what you do and twisting the conversation to suit your discussion! LOL... All three of our daily drivers have 98 Magnum Motors and there's a reason because they are great but not without their problems... take a close look at your answer in a close look at the one person who jumped in and said something. Telling me that they're good Motors is something we all knew..
on the other hand look at the technical advice that was given that I really need to know before I go doing something stupid.. I may have pulled the distributor but definitely not the cam..
got it. Thought my advice was better: If you are not leaking, don't bother to reseal... save money and time.

210 pages.... and the next post will be 5250...... votes.... wagers.... and it turned into spaghetti and dead mice with ketchup.... :(

-
Back