2024 14th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - It's NITRO Burnin' Time Again!!!

-
I could have swore I posted My picks last night....Oh well I'm not doing very well anyway :( :(

Your last post on this thread was a comment last Tuesday (Post #161).
Your previous 'locked' picks (Antron Brown, Austin Prock, Erica Enders and Gaige Herrera) are in play for Thunder Valley.
You can change them if you want but you will lose earned qualification position points.

Your last post on this thread was a comment last Tuesday (Post #161).
Your previous 'locked' picks (Antron Brown, Austin Prock, Erica Enders and Gaige Herrera) are in play for Thunder Valley.
You can change them if you want but you will lose earned qualification position points.
I'll just go with the locked picks this week Thanks,

I apologize for the delay in posting qualifying results from the Thunder Valley Nationals. The results posted on nhra.com for Pro Stock were not correct; I finally found the correct qualifying results on autoweek.com.

Congratulations to '64BEL' (FBBO) and 'ocdart' (FABO) for sharing the 2024 Super Grip NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals Top Qualifier title with outstanding totals of 30.0 bonus points each. They both picked the #1 qualifier in Funny Car and the #2 qualifier in Top Fuel. '64BEL' (FBBO) also picked the #1 qualifier in Pro Stock and the #4 qualifier in Pro Stock Motorcycle while 'ocdart' (FABO) picked the #1 qualifier in Pro Stock Motorcycle and the #4 qualifier in Pro Stock.

'Back in Time' (FBBO) was the runner-up qualifier with 29.0 bonus points.
Way to go!
More great picks!

We have 16 players again this week and 15 different driver combos made up of:
* 5 different Top Fuel drivers with two Round 1 head-to-head matchups. One between #2 qualifier Justin Ashley (7 picks) and #15 qualifier Brittany Force (1 pick); and one between #3 qualifier Antron Brown (1 pick) and #14 qualifier Doug Kalitta (4 picks). "Pick 'Em" game results for Top Fuel will be decided no later than the semi-final round of eliminations because all 5 driver picks are in the same side of the elimination ladder.
* 5 different Funny Car drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups. There is a possibility of one head-to-head matchup in Round 2 if both drivers survive Round 1.
* 3 different Pro Stock drivers with the earliest possible head-to-head matchup in the semi-finals if all drivers survive
* 2 different Pro Stock Motorcycle drivers. "Pick 'Em" game results for Pro Stock Motorcycle will be decided no later than the semi-final round of eliminations.

Good luck all!

Wow! Tighter points and lots of position movement following the NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals as FBBO players recorded the top 3 point totals.

Congratulations to 'Outlawd' (FBBO) for winning the "Top Picker Eliminator" title for the 2024 NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals in Bristol, TN, with an outstnding total of 168.5 points. Both of his Funny Car and Pro Stock Motorcycle picks raced won their respective classes. His Top Fuel pick lost in the final round of eliminations and his Pro Stock pick fell in the semi-final round of eliminations. He was also helped with ET bonus points in Top Fuel and Funny Car and Speed bonus points in Funny Car.
'Budnicks' (FBBO) took the runner-up spot with 163.0 points and '64BEL' was next with 155.0 points.
'stroked340' was the highest scoring FABO player with 148.5 points.

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Doug Kalitta, 3.723 during Round 1 of eliminations
Speed - Billy Torrence, 331.45 during Round 1 of eliminations

Funny Car
E.T. - Austin Prock, 3.924 during Round 1 of eliminations
Speed - Austin Prock, 326.87 during Round 1 of eliminations

Pro Stock
E.T. - Greg Anderson 6.615 during qualifying
Speed - Aaron Stanfield, 207.18 during qualifying

Pro Stock Motorcycle
E.T. - Matt Smith, 6.715 during qualifying
Speed - Matt Smith, 200.05 during qualifying

Here are the game point standings after the 8th event of the 2024 season:

829.5 - Budnicks (FBBO) +4 change in the points standings
800.5 - Alsant (FBBO) -1
797.5 - stroked340 (FABO) +6
785.5 - Duster79 (FABO) -1
785.0 - cuda20 (FABO) -1
785.0 - ocdart (FABO) +2
780.0 - 64BEL (FBBO) +3
764.5 - Yunick13 (FABO) -1
763.5 - memike (FABO) -7
761.5 - Outlawd (FBBO) +4
757.5 - TT5.9mag (FABO) -5
739.5 - Back in Time (FABO) -1
735.5 - GTXDAN (FBBO) no change
733.5 - johnnycuda (FABO) -2
687.0 - Nick2317 (FBBO) no change
633.5 - SSG_Karg (FABO) no change

We get a week off to either relish our gains or lick our wounds.
The next race event on the 2024 season will be the Virginia NHRA Nationals at Virginia Motorsports Park in North Dinwiddie, VA, scheduled for June 21-23. nhra.com currently shows the following entries but these counts may change:

* 16 Top Fuel
* 18 Funny Car
* 17 Pro Stock

* 14 Pro Stock Motorcycle

Please check to verify your picks are participating before posting your picks.

GOOD LUCK!

FYI, I read this morning that Fox Sports now has the broadcast rights to the NTT IndyCar Series and will broadcast the entire 2025 schedule on the Fox channel. Also mentioned in the article was that this means the number of NASCAR races broadcast on Fox will drop, with more races moved to Fox Sports 1 (FS1).
I wonder what this may mean for NHRA coverage on both Fox and FS1.

"Two of the national NASCAR series are in action this weekend at Iowa Speedway.

Xfinity teams return to the .875-mile short track for the first time since the 2019 season. Cup teams will compete at Iowa for the first time. All the Xfinity and Cup action will air on USA Network this weekend."

From NBC Sports

Here's your "official Tuesday Before the Event" reminder for the PlayNHRA Virginia Nationals scheduled for July 21-23 at Virginia Motorsports Park in North Dinwiddie, VA.

Please post your picks before qualifying starts so you will be eligible for all event bonus points.

* There will not be any Friday qualifying at this event
* All three rounds of qualifying are scheduled for Saturday, June 22

The first of the scheduled three rounds of Pro qualifying is scheduled to start at 11:00am EDT (8:00am PDT) on Friday. Q2 is scheduled to start at 2:00pm EDT (11:00am PDT), and Q3 is scheduled to start at 5:00pm EDT (2:00pm PDT).

nhra.com currently shows the following number of entries:
* 16 Top Fuel
* 18 Funny Car
* 20 Pro Stock
* 15 Pro Stock Motorcycle

Those counts are always subject to change so make sure to check to make sure your driver picks are entered.

Please check nhra.com to make sure your picks are competing in this event.

The current weather forecast for North Dinwiddie, VA, calls for

* Saturday - sunny with a high of 95F
* Sunday - sunny with a high of 96F

The current television schedule for the Virginia Nationals...
* Qualifying show 1: 1:00-2:00pm EDT (10:00-11:00pm PDT), Saturday, June 22, on FS1
* Qualifying show 2: 1:00-2:00pm EDT (10:00-11:00am PDT), Sunday, June 23, on FS1
* Finals: 5:00-8:00pm EDT (2:00-5:00pm PDT), Sunday, June 23 on FS1

All television coverage will also re-air at later times. Check www.nhra.com.

TF S Torrance
FC Brock
PS Glen
PSM Herrera

Interesting (to me) observation:

Up to now, NHRA qualifying rounds have started on Friday and it seems like I've almost always had to post a reminder on the day that qualifying was scheduled to start to get last-minute picks posted so those "Pick 'Em" game players that don't have 'locked' picks would be eligible for all event bonus points.
And now, with the 2024 Virginia Nationals qualifying schedule having all qualifying rounds a day later than usual...all the picks posting was finished on Wednesday, two days earlier than usual and three days before qualifying starts!

FYI, there hasn't been a NHRA "Pick 'Em" game post from 'Nick2317' (FBBO) since May 14. Per game rules I will continue to carry over his most recent picks for the remainder of the regular season (unless he posts updated picks).
This "pick carry over" feature is only in effect for the "regular season". It will not be in effect for the six-event "Countdown to the Championship" at the end of the season.

Interesting (to me) observation:

Up to now, NHRA qualifying rounds have started on Friday and it seems like I've almost always had to post a reminder on the day that qualifying was scheduled to start to get last-minute picks posted so those "Pick 'Em" game players that don't have 'locked' picks would be eligible for all event bonus points.
And now, with the 2024 Virginia Nationals qualifying schedule having all qualifying rounds a day later than usual...all the picks posting was finished on Wednesday, two days earlier than usual and three days before qualifying starts!
I'm sorry.

2024 PlayNHRA Virginia Nationals qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: 92F, 49% relative humidity, barometer 30.06", adjusted altitude 2,929', track temp. 140F
TF: Antron Brown, 3.903 @ 318.62
FC: Chad Green, 4.024 @ 320.13
PS: Erica Enders, 6.586 @ 209.56
PSM: Gaige Herrera, 6.703 @ 200.83

Q2
Weather: 96F, 40% relative humidity, barometer 30.06", adjusted altitude 3,000', track temp. 147F
TF: Antron Brown, 3.903 @ 318.62
FC: Chad Green, 4.024 @ 320.13
PSM: Gaige Herrera, 6.703 @ 200.83

Q3

Weather: 95F, 39% relative humidity, barometer 29.93", adjusted altitude 3,208', track temp. 142F
TF: Shawn Langdon, 3.872 @ 319.82
FC: Chad Green and Bob Tasca III, 4.024; Bob Tasca III @ 320.74
PSM: Gaige Herrera, 6.703; Matt Smith @ 200.86

Last edited:
Congratulations to 'Outlawd' (FBBO) for winning the 2024 PlayNHRA Virginia Nationals Top Qualifier title with an outstanding total of 30.5 bonus points. He picked the #1 qualifiers in both Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle, the #2 qualifier in Top Fuel, and the #3 qualifier in Funny Car. '
'Duster79' (FBBO) was the runner-up qualifier with 28.0 bonus points.
Way to go!
More great picks!

16 players again this week and 14 different driver combos made up of:
* 4 different Top Fuel drivers with one Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #8 qualifier Steve Torrence (3 picks) and #9 qualifier Justin Ashley (5 picks). The next head-to-head matchup would not be until the semi-final round of eliminations if both drivers survive until then.
* 5 different Funny Car drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups. There is a possibility of one head-to-head matchup in Round 2 if both drivers survive Round 1.
* 3 different Pro Stock drivers with the earliest possible head-to-head matchup in Round 2 of eliminations
* 2 different Pro Stock Motorcycle drivers with the only possible head-to-head matchup in the final round of eliminations if both drivers get that far

Good luck all!

Congratulations to 'Outlawd' (FBBO) for winning (2nd week in a row) the "Top Picker Eliminator" title for the 2024 NHRA PlayNHRA Virginia Nationals in North Dinwittie, VA, with an outstnding total of 190.5 points. His Top Fuel, Funny Car and Pro Stock Motorcycle picks raced won their respective classes. His Funny Car pick lost in the second round of eliminations. He was also helped with ET bonus points in all four Pro classes and Speed bonus points in both Top Fuel and Pro Stock.
'GTXDan' (FBBO), 'TT5.9mag' (FABO), and 'Yunick13 ' (FABO) shared the runner-up spot with 187.0 points each.

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Doug Kalitta, 3.752 during the final round of eliminations
Speed - Doug Kalitta, 331.41 during the final round of eliminations

Funny Car
E.T. - Austin Prock, 3.921 during the final round of eliminations
Speed - Bob Tasca III, 330.07 during Round 3 of eliminations

Pro Stock
E.T. - Erica Enders 6.586 during qualifying
Speed - Erica Enders, 209.56 during qualifying

Pro Stock Motorcycle
E.T. - Gaige Herrera, 6.703 during qualifying
Speed - Matt Smith, 200.86 during qualifying

Here are the game point standings after the 9th event of the 2024 season:

973.5 - Budnicks (FBBO) no change in the points standings
956.0 - stroked340 (FABO) +1
952.0 - Outlawd (FBBO) +7
951.5 - Yunick13 (FABO) +4
944.5 - TT5.9mag (FABO) +6
932.5 - cuda20 (FABO) -1
922.5 - GTXDAN (FBBO) +6
918.5 - memike (FABO) +1
916.5 - Alsant (FBBO) -7
913.5 - Duster79 (FABO) -6
913.5 - 64BEL (FBBO) -4
888.5 - ocdart (FABO) -6
884.5 - Back in Time (FABO) -1
840.0 - johnnycuda (FABO) no change
797.0 - Nick2317 (FBBO) no change
785.0 - SSG_Karg (FABO) no change

No time off.
The next race event on the 2024 season will be the Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals at Summit Racing Equipment Motorsports Park in Norwalk, OH, scheduled for June 27-30. nhra.com currently shows the following entries but these counts may change:

* 20 Top Fuel
* 18 Funny Car
* 18 Pro Stock
* 14 Pro Stock Motorcycle

Please check to verify your picks are participating before posting your picks.

GOOD LUCK!

No way I have not, but I definitely have to change my pic
Top fuel, Britney force
Funny car Austin Prock
Pro stock Greg Anderson
Pro stock motorcycle G. Herrera
Lock in

-
Back