2024 14th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - It's NITRO Burnin' Time Again!!!

-
Congratulations to 'alsant' (FBBO) and SSG_Karg (FABO) for sharing the "Top Picker Eliminator" title for the 2024 Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals in Norwalk, OH, with very nice totals of 141.0 points each. '
'alsant' (FBBO) picked the class winner in Pro Stock Motorcycle, his Pro stock pick lost in the final round of eliminations, and his Top Fuel and Funny Car picks both lost in the semi-final round of eliminations. His point total was also helped with ET bonus points in Pro Stock Motorcycle.
'SSG_Karg' (FABO) also picked the class winner in Pro Stock Motorcycle, his Top Fuel and Funny Car picks both lost in the final round of eliminations, and his Pro Stock pick lost in the opening round of eliminations. His point total was helped with ET bonus points in both Top Fuel and Pro Stock Motorcyle, and by Speed bonus points in Top Fuel.

'cuda20' (FABO) and 'TT5.9mag' (FABO) shared the runner-up spot with 140.5 points each.

Lots of great picks this week as the top eight scores were separated by only 3.5 points.

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Doug Kalitta, 3.692 during qualifying
Speed - Doug Kalitta, 337.16 during qualifying

Funny Car
E.T. - Austin Prock, 3.853 during qualifying
Speed - Bob Tasca III, 336.82 during Round 1 of eliminations

Pro Stock
E.T. - Aaron Stanfield, 6.539 while winning the final round of eliminations
Speed - Toy Coughlin Jr., 209.75 while losing during Round 2 of eliminations

Pro Stock Motorcycle
E.T. - Gaige Herrera, 6.698 during Round 1 of eliminations
Speed - Matt Smith, 201.31 during qualifying

We are now through half of the season. Here are the game point standings after the 10th event of the 2024 season:

1093.0 - Budnicks (FBBO) no change in the points standings
1089.0 - Yunick13 (FABO) +2
1085.0 - Outlawd (FBBO) no change
1085.0 - TT5.9mag (FABO) +1
1079.5 - stroked340 (FABO -3
1073.0 - cuda20 (FABO) no change
1057.5 - Alsant (FBBO) +1
1052.5 - Duster79 (FABO) +2
1034.0 - 64BEL (FBBO) +2
1028.0 - ocdart (FABO) +2
1021.5 - GTXDAN (FBBO) -4
1010.5 - Back in Time FABO +1
998.5 - memike (FABO) -4
980.0 - johnnycuda (FABO) no change
930.0 - Nick2317 (FBBO) no change
926.0 - SSG_Karg (FABO) no change

We now get several weeks off since the 'TBA' national event was cancelled earlier this year.
The next race event on the 2024 season will be the NHRA Northwest Nationals,, part of the abbreviated two-event 'West Coast Swing', at Pacific Raceways in Kent, WA, scheduled for July 19-21. nhra.com does not yet show class entry numbers. I will post that information as soon as it is available.
As always, please check to verify your picks are participating before posting your picks.

GOOD LUCK!

I tell you what. What Bob Tasca said when he was talking to the cute lady broadcaster after his final round win made me a big fan of his :thumbsup:
I’ve always held a grudge with Tasca because I had a friend who worked on his team and got fired after seriously sorting out his clutch problems a few years ago. But I have to agree with you, what he said in the post race interview gained big time points in my book.

I’ve always held a grudge with Tasca because I had a friend who worked on his team and got fired after seriously sorting out his clutch problems a few years ago. But I have to agree with you, what he said in the post race interview gained big time points in my book.

I've never had a grudge with Tasca, but I've never liked him either. He's always come across (to me) as very egotistical.
But I have to agree about his postrace comments regarding John Force. Tasca earned some points with me.
I met both John Force and Robert Hight at the Force shop in Yorba Linda when the car club I belong to was hosting an event there a few years ago (when they were still racing out of the Yorba Linda location). They dropped by the shop before the event and before the crowd got there so it was just them and some of our car club people. Both are great guys and as friendly as can be.

-
Back