.22 Ammo

-
why do they just pour the rounds in a box ....isn't that dangerous ......I don't like them pointing at me at all because what if one goes off.

When you open the box, they are just poured in there pointing every which way....im surprised they do that and I don't like it.

why do they just pour the rounds in a box ....isn't that dangerous ......I don't like them pointing at me at all because what if one goes off.

Toss a handful in a fire (don't - just for illustrative purposes, because someone did that when I was about 19 and I got the experiential lesson in this) - the brass flies, the lead sits.

The brass weighs about 10 gr, and the typical bullet weight is about 40gr.

You need to confine the expanding gases in a barrel to get either of them much velocity.

When you open the box, they are just poured in there pointing every which way....im surprised they do that and I don't like it.

Rani, you would hate my 22/45 speed loader. :)

You essentially pour a bunch of .22 LR cartridges into a hopper and shake it around to load the magazine. It works great! lol

Here's a demonstration I found on youtube.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65jHazxWXCA"]Ultimate Cliploader For Ruger Mark II, III, Browning Mags - YouTube[/ame]

I manage to keep at least 2000 rds at all times. I usually buy the bulk boxes 325rd or 550rd at Wally World - but it gets tough to find.

can .22 ammo go bad? I have 4 boxes of "federal ammunition brand" that I got around 8 years ago.

I just shot some that came with a used rifle I bought. The guy bought the ammo with the rifle back in 1973 and only shot 50 rounds out of it. The rest of the 40+ year old ammo worked flawlessly for me.

I was at Wally World when ammo was stacked on counter and not put away yet. I looked for .22 and was told we don't have any. I think the stuff never gets off shipping dock and gets saved or purchased at the dock. I lived down the street from Wallys and only got three boxes of shorts in a month. When 22's arrive calls are made it is gone to friends.

My 100 round box of Remingtons still have the sticker price of $4.25 and I have 3 boxes of 50 rounds (Winchester) .99

I remember buying them for 50 cents a box.

I have 2 boxes of Federal Hi-Power's with the sticker still on them. Shorts .75, long rifle, $1.04.

-
Back