225 /6 pictures please

-

72_Scamp

Reaction score
Since this is my first mopar I have no clue how to hook up any of the fuel lines to the Carb and could use some pictures of the whole engine bay with everything put together so I'm not guessing, any help is much appreciated. The car is a 72 Scamp, thanks.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Forum Runner

Do you know what kind of carb is on it? Take a few pics of the carb and engine with the air cleaner off so we can see what you're running and where to connect the lines.

Do you know what kind of carb is on it? Take a few pics of the carb and engine with the air cleaner off so we can see what you're running and where to connect the lines.

I will post pics when I get home from work tonight, thanks.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Forum Runner

IMG_20120829_192356.jpg

IMG_20120829_192404.jpg

IMG_20120829_192409.jpg

IMG_20120829_192421.jpg

Looks like you've got a Holley 1920.

The big hose coming off the carb goes to your PCV valve at the top of your valve cover. You'll need a longer length of hose to connect it. The other side of your valve cover should have a crankcase vent that is connected to the air cleaner.

That small nipple that's halfway up the side of the carb goes to the distributor. It's the one thats pointing right back at you in the second picture. You can see in the last two pics, there is a vacuum line coming off the metal canister on the side of the distributor. Connect that line up to that nipple.

That nipple you see in the 2nd pic that's on the bottom right of the carb next to the mixture screw I believe goes to a charcoal canister. Your Scamp probably doesn't have one. If it does it'll be a black cylinder at the front of the passenger side of the engine bay with a bunch of hoses coming off it. Cap it if you don't have a charcoal canister.

There should be a nipple on the drivers side of the carb that you don't have pictured. I haven't had a 1bbl in a long time but I believe it goes to the air cleaner? Either way just cap it. If you don't have a cap on it you'll have a vacuum leak and the engine wont run right.

The fuel line goes to the brass outlet right underneath where the big PCV hose is connected to the carb. Since you don't have a fuel line on the car, it's a good time to do the fuel line mod which will help keep your car from vapor locking.

http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15778

Don't forget to put a hose clamp on the inlet side of the fuel pump as well.

Verify above info since my 69 Dart w/ Holley 1920 didn't have the upper large tube which I think should go to the charcoal canister if you have one. If not, just block it off. I did have the large tube at the base of the carb. That goes to the PCV valve and is full intake vacuum.

The fuel fitting is termed an "inverted female flare". I recall for 5/16" tubing. You need a tube with a male tube nut and an end that has been "double flared" with a tool. Somebody on here should have one. The factory one was not very long and went to the fuel filter nearby. Many people have re-plumbed that to avoid over-heating the fuel.

Looks like you've got a Holley 1920.

The big hose coming off the carb goes to your PCV valve at the top of your valve cover. You'll need a longer length of hose to connect it. The other side of your valve cover should have a crankcase vent that is connected to the air cleaner.

That small nipple that's halfway up the side of the carb goes to the distributor. It's the one thats pointing right back at you in the second picture. You can see in the last two pics, there is a vacuum line coming off the metal canister on the side of the distributor. Connect that line up to that nipple.

That nipple you see in the 2nd pic that's on the bottom right of the carb next to the mixture screw I believe goes to a charcoal canister. Your Scamp probably doesn't have one. If it does it'll be a black cylinder at the front of the passenger side of the engine bay with a bunch of hoses coming off it. Cap it if you don't have a charcoal canister.

There should be a nipple on the drivers side of the carb that you don't have pictured. I haven't had a 1bbl in a long time but I believe it goes to the air cleaner? Either way just cap it. If you don't have a cap on it you'll have a vacuum leak and the engine wont run right.

The fuel line goes to the brass outlet right underneath where the big PCV hose is connected to the carb. Since you don't have a fuel line on the car, it's a good time to do the fuel line mod which will help keep your car from vapor locking.

http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15778

Don't forget to put a hose clamp on the inlet side of the fuel pump as well.

Thanks for the detailed instructions, guess its time to go the parts store!

-
Back