-
Status
Not open for further replies.

PScamp74

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for upgrades for my Scamp's 225 motor. I'm hoping to find the intake for a four bbl, (or the hyper pak) and also looking for a header that will help it out. Not sure what's all out there for beefing up the slant 6 but I'm a serious buyer trying to keep progress going on my car.

Screenshot_20220419-105629.png

View attachment 1715922744

Screenshot_20220419-105659~2.png

I have a full length mopar performance header that fits that car
I'm interested, how do we go about discussing it here? What's your asking $ and can we ship?
By the way, I just watched one your YouTube videos, good stuff brother, gained another subscriber.

You can always get a set of Dutra Duals. They’re like $800 a set but they’re good and they’re the only thing I know of off the shelf that fits the Weber Side draft carbs if you really wanna beef up your slant. There’s an Australian guy that got almost 300hp out of his with those headers and carbs. But he also put lighter con rods and aluminum rockers and shaft (those are like $1,400 a set). And he put a bigger cam in too. Expensive build for sure. But I’m planning on cloning it myself

You can always get a set of Dutra Duals. They’re like $800 a set but they’re good and they’re the only thing I know of off the shelf that fits the Weber Side draft carbs if you really wanna beef up your slant. There’s an Australian guy that got almost 300hp out of his with those headers and carbs. But he also put lighter con rods and aluminum rockers and shaft (those are like $1,400 a set). And he put a bigger cam in too. Expensive build for sure. But I’m planning on cloning it myself
Not to get off track with the original post, but the only slant that I would put dual Dutra’s on would be a truck. They are heavy as hell, and for the money spent, you still need fabricated down pipes. They are so thick they probably would last about forever, so dual Dutra’s have that going for them.

Not to get off track with the original post, but the only slant that I would put dual Dutra’s on would be a truck. They are heavy as hell, and for the money spent, you still need fabricated down pipes. They are so thick they probably would last about forever, so dual Dutra’s have that going for them.
This is true, but pair those with a set of side draft carbs and it eliminates the intake manifold all together so it’s probably about even on weight. If it’s a gain it’s probably not much. For that build being almost 300hp out of a slant six I’d drop that in a small a body and go like mad

I'll be looking into that for sure,, thanks for the tip

I know lol. The first time I heard him say “Doctor Dodge Doug Dutra” I had to back it up like six times to figure out what he said
I like the Dutra duals. They are nice. Cast iron is forever, but nothing flows like steel tube headers.

I like the Dutra duals. They are nice. Cast iron is forever, but nothing flows like steel tube headers.
Yeah. I don’t mind the weight myself. I’m gonna take my ‘77 225 and build it like his. It’ll take forever but I’ll get it there eventually and then I’ll find another little a body to put it in. Maybe an older dart. Maybe a Lancer wagon… that would be awesome. I just don’t want a duster or another dart sport cause I don’t want two cars that look almost identical

Yeah. I don’t mind the weight myself. I’m gonna take my ‘77 225 and build it like his. It’ll take forever but I’ll get it there eventually and then I’ll find another little a body to put it in. Maybe an older dart. Maybe a Lancer wagon… that would be awesome. I just don’t want a duster or another dart sport cause I don’t want two cars that look almost identical
I'm currently just beginning two projects myself. But; the Scamp is almost ready for inspection, I'll keep it tuned up good and running pretty, any changes I make will be done timely because it's all I will have to drive...On the other side I'm excited to start on a 73 Charger SE Brougham..I got my work cut out for me but I'm so.......in..thanks for the comments..

I'm currently just beginning two projects myself. But; the Scamp is almost ready for inspection, I'll keep it tuned up good and running pretty, any changes I make will be done timely because it's all I will have to drive...On the other side I'm excited to start on a 73 Charger SE Brougham..I got my work cut out for me but I'm so.......in..thanks for the comments..
Scamps are fun. Betcha it’s gonna ride a lot like my dart, but probably a little different cause my dart sport is a little bigger if I remember right. Basically just a duster. Just got some new wiring at the junkyard today so I’m gonna try and get her running today

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back