273 motor with 318-302 casting heads

-

la2alle

Bad Fish 65
Reaction score
ok here goes, im running a hydrolic cam and lifters on my 273 motor with 318-302 casting heads. What would be the gap between the valve stem and the rocker arms?

This may sound stupid..... me asking you this question.... but your not using the 273 mechanical rocker shafts on the 302 casting heads are you? If so, you need to put the hydraulic style rocker shafts on. There is the mechanical and hydraulic style of pushrods. Maybe I did'nt read your post clearly enough.
Good luck.

You can use the 273 adjustable rocker arms you'll just need different pushrods.

you need to put the hydraulic style rocker shafts on. There is the mechanical and hydraulic style of pushrods..

It's not "style." Your answer is somewhat confusing

Stock factory non-adjustable rockers for hydraulic lifters use ball and ball end pushrods. These cannot be used with 273 adjustable rockers

Factory mechanical 273 adjustable rockers use CUP and ball pushrods, but there are DIFFERENT LENGTHS as mechanical and hydraulic lifters are different HEIGHTS

ok here goes, im running a hydrolic cam and lifters on my 273 motor with 318-302 casting heads. What would be the gap between the valve stem and the rocker arms?

It sounds as if you're using the 273 Valve Train.

is that correct.....?

-
Back