3 holes for a Swinger trunk emblem?

-

Road Grabber

Reaction score
I have A 1970 Swinger 340 that to the best of my knowledge has the original trunk lid on it with three holes. Is there a Swinger emblem for the trunk that would fit this 3 hole pattern?

I have to know because I am sending the car to a body shop and want to know if the 3 holes are correct or if holes need to be plugged.

I have seen a 3 stud Swinger emblem being listed on Year One but I don't know if it correct.

Thanks for any input!

IMG-3028.jpg

You have a deck lid that had the "dodge" emblem.

The standard models with slants and 318s got the dodge emblem.

Only 340 cars got the "dart swinger" emblems in that spot of the deck lid

1970_Dodge_Dart_4-door_beige_mdva-r.jpg

fl0116-231823_3@2x.jpg

OK so this is confusing,,,

I just looked up the emblem on Year one and the trunk emblem listed for 1970 has 4 studs not 3....

View attachment 1715599578
If a swinger emblem fits in the 3 hole pattern you have then the "dart" emblem could have been put on with adhesive. I'd test fit a swinger emblem in the holes you have and see if it fits and go from there.

You can not trust Y1 to know what their **** fits.
The 4 pin Dodge script goes on the hood. The 2 pin one goes on the trunk.
Like PV says I'd try the Swinger script and see if it fits the holes but don't think it will.

20190722_075736.jpg

Last edited:
I also have a 71 with that dodge emblem on the trunk lid. Its a swinger. My 73 has no emblem on the trunk.
I agree, dont trust year one or classic industries on applications. I see mistakes in their catalogs quite often.

I'll go look at my decklid tomorrow afternoon. My Dart is a Swinger 340 with the original build sheet. I've documented my Dart during disassembly, so I'm sure everything is as it left Ma Mopar in April, 1970.

Thanks for the responses. I have the build sheet but don’t have access to it now. Will a build sheet be that precise with mentioning trunk emblems?

The hole pattern does look like the 1971 Dodge emblem reply. Everything else about the car is correct so it didn’t make sense if the car was supposed to have Dart Swinger on the trunk. I know that there are no absolutes however when it comes to a production line.
Thanks again for the feedback.

I know there are a lot of clones out there but has anyone seen 1970 340 Swingers with just the Dodge emblem on the trunk or is this a definite that all 1970 340 Swingers had "Dart Swinger" on the trunk lid?

Thanks

I believe that the three holes are for the "DODGE" emblem, & the "Swinger" script might have used double side adhesive tape on some cars.

gotcha. Every bit helps. I hate drilling holes cause it’s permanent so I just to be sure and check all possibilities.
Thanks
Actually now that I think about it my deck lid is from a 71 Swinger but I can not say that it was the original to the car.

Buy the correct emblem you want to use and send to shop. Even buy a crummy used one just for hole orientation.
I'm not familiar with darts as much as cudas, but guaranteed that trunk lids been swapped. Year One are good.....if you like being raped.

Late 70 car may have got the 71 DODGE emblem?
Sorry I’m not near the deck lid to measure for you

I just read an old post from someone who had three original Swingers. Two had both emblems and one had the plain Dodge emblem on the trunk. Not like the hood script. Another post mentioned the same thing from people who were around when the cars were sold new.
I can understand having standards but it seems Dodge may not have followed them all the time.

-
Back