318 cam shaft selection/upgrade for stock engine

-
I work for Cardone (nations largest family owned auto part reman company) and had my booster rebuilt by my company. The Manager of the custom rebuild department told me the small diameter boosters need 18-20 of vacuum to work properly. My old 273 could barely muster 15-16 and the assist was marginal.

So do they ban the sale of these parts in cities like Reno or Denver?

If you are doing a cam look for a used performer intake while you have it off anyway.Very easy to overcam a 318.Lots of good suggestions already.
OR a LD4B Edelbrock. Not made any longer but they show up for sale fairly often.

Any info of experience with the factory roller 318’s….. I have one and am having problems after eliminating the computer and going to factory mopar ECM in my 84 Ram

Any info of experience with the factory roller 318’s….. I have one and am having problems after eliminating the computer and going to factory mopar ECM in my 84 Ram
If it ran before, there's something wrong with Your conversion, start a thread of Your own in ignition & electrical. May have a number of issues, post what parts You removed & what You replaced them with, go from there.

-
Back