318 poly cam

-

TheTecher

Evan the jeeper.
Reaction score
hey guys, I have a 318 poly sitting at home and Im planing on using in a hot rod. Do you know if anyone makes a cam for it? Ive done some searching with no luck.

Thanks

Try Racer Brown for a custom or one of his off the shelf 50 or so grinds in Hyd. or solid lifter, from stock replacement to full blown race as hairy as it can get.

You might think about joining the poly group over at Yahoo. Looks of knowledgeable people over there building strokers, multicarb engines and even stockers. Gary Pavlovich is the guru for poly engines.

No a LA cam will not work. The albe arrangement is different.
A poly is "EI EI EI EI" while the LA is " EI IE EI IE"

I've heard of "Oregon cam grinders" but know nothing about them. Some mention is made from the slant six forum.

powerwagonpaul said:
I spoke with Gary P. Once, sold him a manifold. He told me he has his cams reground, l think he said Oregon cams.

Would a regrind change the lift? The stock lift is pretty low.

Regrind can increase lift. Base circle of the lobe becomes smaller. A smaller base circle will require longer pushrods.

I had my magnum cam reground over at Oregon Cam Grinders, they did a great job.

I can't remember if it was an Isky or Crane, but I had one for my 66 Poly with a Weind aluminum 4 barrel intake. I had to have a bracket built but it ran great compared to stock.

I had my magnum cam reground over at Oregon Cam Grinders, they did a great job.

They do solid lifter refacing too! shame to toss all those worn out solids when all they need is a reface and treatment.

-
Back