318 running and sounding way better.

-

T67POWER

Reaction score
I am very happy with my 318 in my 67 cuda.
I installed a 750 proform carb last week and just this morning installed a 3 inch thrush welded series muffler system.
The car runs great and roast the tires in first at any speed.
This ones for all you small block people.

Let me know what you think...................:thumbup:

Outside car........
http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h337/t67power/?action=view&current=PICT1653.mp4

Inside car.....
http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h337/t67power/?action=view&current=PICT1654.mp4

Ive got a buddy that has a car with headers and a 3" system to thrush welded mufflers. It sounds VERY aggressive in person, but in a good way.

Is that thing an open rear? With an open rear stock motor (2barrel), stock manifolds and 2" dual exhaust I could roast one tire like that no problem. I think you might have more power to be unleashed.

In the past year I swapped over to a 8 3/4 sure grip, edelbrock ld4b manifold, edelbrock 600 cfm carb and a 340 cam. Woke the motor up a ton! I think if I messed with the timing and carb jets and had more converter (mines stock) I could roast both wheels like that. well at least close.

These 318s aren't as bad as people make them out to be.

Thank you all for the compliments.
I thought it sounded good also and can't wait to drive it more.
I better take it easy on it until i get the 8 3/4 axle installed.
I am supprised at the amount of power the 7 1/4 can handle though.

I have been driving this car for eight of the twelve years i have owned it and have always drove it the way i wanted to and never had a problem.
I pulled the cover and checked the gears and they seem very loose.
I wonder if the gears being so loose has helped it last longer???

Johnny mopar.........

It's a stock 30 over 1967 318 with a .225 @ 50 cam with .453 lift ground on a 108 LSA.
The 1967 920 cylinder heads are a closed chamber design adding to the compression.
It's a little over 9.2 to 1 compression.

Edelbrock performer intake with a 1/2 inch open spacer under a 750 proform carb.

Dynamic 10 inch 3000rpm stall converter.

3.91 7 1/4 rear.

17676 cheetah valve body in a 904 torqueflight transmission.

I can really hear the engine now and listen to how it runs.

I always keep tuning my engines and it helps to hear the way they run when working on them.
I would rather have it a little to loud then to quiet.

What kind of car or cars do you have?????

hey T67 yeah i am currently building a 64 australian ap5 valiant just fitted a 318 and 904 , fitted new rings bearings , decked block , lunati 60403 cam 494/513 lift and 268 duration , ported heads , need to go too machine shop , going to run the cheap air gap copy and a 650 dp after watching how well yours goes may go with a 750 dp cheers mate:)

If you need the set up here it is.
This will work with a holley also as well as a proform carb.

71 jet front /// 78 rear jet
31 pump shots front and rear
Tighten the nut and bolt on the front accelerator pump making it a little shorter in turn making the front accelerator arm loose and not as tight as the stock setting.
This gives the butterflys a chance to open a little more during a dead stop acceleration before receiving the a shot of fuel from the front accelerator pump.
If you have a stumble off idle just increase the pump shot nozzle size.
If you buy new pump nozzles get 35 shot nozzles.
I think the 35 nozzles are one of the best all around sizes to use if you only wanted to buy a single set or buy the tuning kit that gives you every size you need to fully tune the engine in.

Moved the front pump cam to hole 2 on the cam /// Still using the 1st hole on the carb.
Rear was left alone and kept in hole one on cam and hole one on carb.
I had to grease the cams (most important)
Ready to rock.....................................

I just changed the jets to a 70 jet for the front // 76 for the rear jet in my proform 750 carb trying to dial it in for max power.

The most important thing is to get the power valve rating well below your engines vacuum at idle.

A standard holley dp comes with a 6.5 power valve.
When you buy a new one just get a 3.5 power valve.

If you use a proform carb they come with a 4.5 and will do just fine.

Anyways if you need any help just post it and i will try to help you out.

It's cool to see a mopar in some other country.:thumbup:

my 318 77 dodge aspen has the 2 1/2 in thrush welded and i like it but sometime its quiet at cruiseing but they ttold me thats what it would do i like the sound tho and great price 35bucks!

Sounds beefy, almost like my dart, thrush welded w/ x-pipe 2 1/2 from headers back.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saSrWXPVOu0"]YouTube - '73 dart swinger w/ thrush mufflers[/ame]

I am very happy with my 318 in my 67 cuda.
I installed a 750 proform carb last week and just this morning installed a 3 inch thrush welded series muffler system.
The car runs great and roast the tires in first at any speed.
This ones for all you small block people.

Let me know what you think...................:thumbup:

Outside car........
http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h337/t67power/?action=view&current=PICT1653.mp4

Inside car.....
http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h337/t67power/?action=view&current=PICT1654.mp4

HEY! Sounds GREAT man!! Lots of people do not like the little 318, but I love mine! Before I took it all apart, it ran like a raped ape and revved to the moon, and sounded good while doing it! After finding out what all it had done to it when I pulled it apart, I was surprised it even ran at all!! hahaha Once it's all back together with my new cam, RPM manifold, RHS heads and Hughes roller rockers, it should really rip! haha

-
Back