-
Status
Not open for further replies.

chev1171

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Does anybody have one of these for sale. About the only part I'm missing to finish resto. Thanks

340breather2.jpg

Check with MP or DC, or whatever they call it these days. I bought a brand new one for a 69. They might have newer ones also. In the long run, they are pretty good value.

Billy's Motor (Small).JPG

Chev, I have enough parts you can build one. I had a spare base that, in 1979, I drilled a few holes in the rear of to hold nitrous solenoids, I pulled off the breather tube to run the wiring through, and I drilled a few 1/2" holes underneath it. It will need the breather tube pushed back on and if you want it perfect, you will need to weld small plugs in to fill holes.

I also have a later model top that is the same as the 70-71 and it needs blasted and along with the base, you can re-wrinkle finish paint it. Maybe Leanna Cuda Chick (the powder coater) can fix you up very nicely on this.

Most importantly for you restoring yours, I have a brand new (not repro) orange factory 340 pie tin. I still have it in the vintage 1970s factory sack it came in (the label is dated 1972).

So, if you are willing to do some minor rework and restoration, this will be a beautiful addition to your restored 340 project. I can get few pictures up soon if you or anyone else is interested.

Tom
[email protected]

Tom, thanks for the props!! :-D

As timing would have it, I'm expecting one of these to show up for a wrinkle coating in the next few days.

Why sure, here you go Adam and others. You also will get my multi-holed top too for free! I did not shoot the pie pan as it is new and most know what the orange one of these looks like. Note that the holes are all in areas that do not show and do not impede the filtration process. Other than the breather tube that needs rolled back in, the rest on the base would not show. So, you could let Leanna redo the top and it would be good enough to go for a long time "as is".
Tom
[email protected]

ac1.jpg

ac2.jpg

ac3.jpg

ac4.jpg

ac5.jpg

Tom suggested posting a pic here so ya'll could see what the breather assembly could look like in a factory-style black wrinkle finish. This one was done for our very own beloved RumbleFish360 so it may look familiar.

View attachment 49401

Close up:

View attachment 49402

To fully coat the entire base and lid (assuming your parts are as clean / cleaner than the ones shown earlier in this thread), it would run you about $50-$75, give or take, plus the shipping back to you. Of course, that doesn't take into consideration any monthly special I might have going at the time your parts arrive.

I appreciate the kind words and referrals Tom! Thanks again my friend.

Could you get a dual snorkel air cleaner and remove the snorkels? They look similar ro me and come up on ebay fairly often.

There is an option if you don't mind fiberglass.The Paddock has this item for $89.99 You can find a steel lid from any junkyard for next to nothing.

I tried a fiberglass repro aircleaner once and it was so bad I couldnt make it useable.

I tried a fiberglass repro aircleaner once and it was so bad I couldnt make it useable.

Thanks for the heads up AdamR. I won't bother buying one now that I know they aren't any good.
I bought an origional '71 340 air cleaner in fair shape off evilBay for $325 2 years ago......ouch!!! :?

I have this for sale, I'll be honest I didn't read all the post to see if that is or was what your were looking for. Its from a '73 340 duster.

I'm asking 85$ plus shipping from boise idaho 83709.
Email [email protected]

DSC07928.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back