-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rush4x4

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I have a running 340 and four speed out of a 73 Dart Sport that I was going to use, but knee issues are making me think otherwise. Right now, I don't really want to sell it, I'd rather trade for a running 340/360 with an automatic. I drove this car into my shop on November 25th, 2023 and pulled the motor and trans that day. It's been sitting inside the shop since then. I do have them separated right now, with the engine and trans on their own engine stands. Anyway, just wondering if there's somebody close that'd be interested in trading.

405453169_1278637496097276_3847928737818167800_n.jpg

Not original to the car, though I do have the car it came out of (it was a parts car that's really rough). That may be a route I take. Just seeing if there was something quick and close.

Well then, I guess you already know, that during the swap you will need to get the right Flex-plate and or Weighted convertor.

Have you considered a diaphragm clutch.
Mine is easy on the knee and was more than I needed so I softened it yet more. Depending on your application, you might be able to keep at least the standard over-center spring. And
If this was an original slanty car, it will have the wrong pedal-box in it, making extra work for the leg.

And of course, if you really like the manual trans (as I do at 71 years old even), there's always the option of hydraulic throw-outs.
Just trynta help.

Last edited:
Well then, I guess you already know, that during the swap you will need to get the right Flex-plate and or Weighted convertor.

Have you considered a diaphragm clutch.
Mine is easy on the knee and was more than I needed so I softened it yet more. Depending on your application, you might be able to keep at least the standard over-center spring. And
If this was an original slanty car, it will have the wrong pedal-box in it, making extra work for the leg.

And of course, if you really like the manual trans (as I do at 71 years old even), there's always the option of hydraulic throw-outs.
Just trynta help.
That's why I was asking if anyone close had what I wanted and wanted to trade. Trying to keep it as simple as possible. I like the four-speed, and may just go ahead with the swap and go with the diaphragm clutch (it was going to need a new clutch anyway), but it was going into a slant-6/auto car and my knee isn't getting any better with age. So, just seeing if anybody was interested.

Like I said
The slanty pedal is different. It is designed fo a smaller clutch, and so the pedal-ratio is shorter. If you put a 10.5 clutch on that pedal, especially a B&B, it gets considerably harder to push.
Here are some options;
1) I like the slanty pedal and a diaphragm clutch, with NO over-center spring, but I still have knees.
2) is to swap the pedal to the V8 one
3) is to modify the slanty pedal ratio by welding on an an extension.
4) is to modify the Z-bar, but that gets a lil tricky with geometry.
5) is a hydraulic set up.

I have the car it all came out of and it is a complete parts car. I have literally everything to put this in my slant car. As I said, I was just seeing if there was someone close that could make this easier, quicker, and potentially better for both of us in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back