340 heat shield/gasket

-

A56

Felony Stop
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Pictures as promised. I received these in the mail today and thought I post the pictures of how they were packaged and what they look like. Left & right side.

20241015_130741.jpg

20241015_130806.jpg

20241015_130813.jpg

20241015_130826.jpg

20241015_130859.jpg

20241015_130906.jpg

20241015_130934.jpg

20241015_130946.jpg

20241015_131013.jpg

20241015_131511.jpg

Last edited:
nice! are they stainless? If not, will you have them ceramic coated?
I don't believe it's stainless and will just paint them the same color as my particular engine which is turquoise as the factory did it. Ceramic coating will change the thickness and stamping and possibly interfere with sealing since they are also gaskets.

now that you have them in hand can you comment on the quality, whats your first impression?

now that you have them in hand can you comment on the quality, whats your first impression?
I really wish that I had an original to compare it to. I vaguely remember my original that I removed from the 69 340 back in 1970. I have a question for the gentleman who is selling these which pertains to the rivets. Other than that I'm happy with them. They aren't going to be installed for a while but wanted to grab a set to have. For the price of $297.00 for both sides compared to $500.00 for alleged NOS I'm stoked. Unless they're true McCord they aren't NOS. Just my 2 cents.

"lol, these are being remade that why I posted the pictures." Where can I purchase one?

I really wish that I had an original to compare it to. I vaguely remember my original that I removed from the 69 340 back in 1970. I have a question for the gentleman who is selling these which pertains to the rivets. Other than that I'm happy with them. They aren't going to be installed for a while but wanted to grab a set to have. For the price of $297.00 for both sides compared to $500.00 for alleged NOS I'm stoked. Unless they're true McCord they aren't NOS. Just my 2 cents.
Those are pretty nice. I might have an original one...Ill post it if I do and send you a P.M. I know I have several 273's but I have an older 340 x head in the barn that may have them. I would have used a resistance spot welder rather than the rivets. But, now that you have them maybe drill out the rivets and tig weld the holes shut. That is a much better price they should sell well. Thanks for posting.

Those are pretty nice. I might have an original one...Ill post it if I do and send you a P.M. I know I have several 273's but I have an older 340 x head in the barn that may have them. I would have used a resistance spot welder rather than the rivets. But, now that you have them maybe drill out the rivets and tig weld the holes shut. That is a much better price they should sell well. Thanks for posting.
I'm guessing that the originals had rivets as well. Maybe he was attempting to mimic oem. Real nice guy from just messaging back and forth. Not sure if tig welding would warp them. ??

I think they look pretty good. I'm almost positive a low heat tig weld just fill those little holes shouldn't warp them. They would look better and paint better.

nice! are they stainless? If not, will you have them ceramic coated?
Here's a reply from him moments ago.

"This is the same material used on the modern hemi heat shields. It's a version of aluminized steel. This provides good ductility and has corrosion protection that meets modern OEM standards. Is there a concern on your part or just curious? "

I'm guessing that the originals had rivets as well. Maybe he was attempting to mimic oem. Real nice guy from just messaging back and forth. Not sure if tig welding would warp them. ??
That is on difference, the originals were punched together, basically a hole punch that rolled the edge around the other one.

Alan

Here's a reply from him moments ago.

"This is the same material used on the modern hemi heat shields. It's a version of aluminized steel. This provides good ductility and has corrosion protection that meets modern OEM standards. Is there a concern on your part or just curious? "
That would address my concern about corrosion.

You better get them soon the mopar police will be after you like they do at the car shows

-
Back