[FOR SALE] 340 MANIFOLD SALE

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased a #s matching 1969 GTS 340. It needs the original distributor, intake, valve covers and carburetor. Otherwise, it is all stock. What do you have available?
I don't have any of the items that you listed....only exhaust manifolds as pictured.....Sorry. Although it sounds like you have a very nice car!!

Treblig

I have a 73 scamp 318 stock ps, pb, and going to convert to dual exhaust. it seems I need 340 exhaust manifolds I think .I am not looking to be original but loos like a tight fit. Thanks in advance for your insight.

I have a 73 scamp 318 stock ps, pb, and going to convert to dual exhaust. it seems I need 340 exhaust manifolds I think .I am not looking to be original but loos like a tight fit. Thanks in advance for your insight.
340 manifolds will fit your car with no problem. 340 manifolds were used in 73 A bodies from the factory (340 engine). But you didn't say if you were looking for the early 340 manifolds of the later ones, there is a price difference.

treblig

340 manifolds will fit your car with no problem. 340 manifolds were used in 73 A bodies from the factory (340 engine). But you didn't say if you were looking for the early 340 manifolds of the later ones, there is a price difference.

treblig
Sorry, the cheaper ones

SOLD ...One set of 340 driver with 340 passenger.... SOLD!!! All I have left is a few 340 passenger manifolds (1 7/8" exhaust hole). I have one 1 7/8" 340 driver (I think it's a B body manifold)??
Will post new pics later...

treblig

I have about four 340 passenger manifolds left in stock. They are the 70s 340 (passenger) manifolds as seen in the pics I have posted.

PS - I have had many questions about which manifolds fit what vehicle/engine/year. I have also had many questions about which are the best 360 magnum manifolds (year and vehicle). I'll answer any questions that I can whether or not I sell anything.

treblig

Good afternoon Gilbert, a little update info for you on your manifolds and "E" body fitment. The Jeep Grand Cherokee fit like a champ, using a small Wix filter and NO right angle adapter. I could probably fit a full size 1qt filter and I'll give it a go when I change the break in oil in another couple of hundred miles. The drivers side Dakota manifold I had to machine about 3/16 of an inch off the manifold to engine mounting face and would/should have done a 1/4 inch. With the gasket it was just barely touching the power steering gear box. So back off it came and touched the interference area with a sander, problem solved. Took the car over to a local muffler shop to have new head pipes bent and installed to my existing exhaust. All in all it worked out great and I highly recommend this route to headers for us old guys and street cars :). Thank you and I thought you would be interested in the out come. Pictures to follow as soon as I download off my phone and resize
Kevin

Drivers exhaust.jpg

drivers head pipe.jpg

passenger head pipe.jpg

Good afternoon Gilbert, a little update info for you on your manifolds and "E" body fitment. The Jeep Grand Cherokee fit like a champ, using a small Wix filter and NO right angle adapter. I could probably fit a full size 1qt filter and I'll give it a go when I change the break in oil in another couple of hundred miles. The drivers side Dakota manifold I had to machine about 3/16 of an inch off the manifold to engine mounting face and would/should have done a 1/4 inch. With the gasket it was just barely touching the power steering gear box. So back off it came and touched the interference area with a sander, problem solved. Took the car over to a local muffler shop to have new head pipes bent and installed to my existing exhaust. All in all it worked out great and I highly recommend this route to headers for us old guys and street cars :). Thank you and I thought you would be interested in the out come. Pictures to follow as soon as I download off my phone and resize
Kevin

That's great Kevin!! Pics would be nice for other members to see for themselves what manifolds you can and can't use. I think I would taken a little off the steering box myself (fairly thick casting). But you did good!!!
PICS PLEASE!!
Treblig

posted in original post. Arrow points to the area I sanded. 1 more thing I seen another member here do something similar with the manifold head pipe bolts, so I took his ideal and came up with this as an anti-rotation for the head of the bolt, no more fighting to get a wrench on the bolt head. Socket and a long extension from under the car and it works great. Enjoy.
Kevin

exhaust trick.jpg

exhaust trick 2.jpg

Last edited:
Selling my 71 pass manifold not even sold something is wrong price too high or too low ? If worth nothing it means A body cars worth nothing to them then. Looks that way.

Selling my 71 pass manifold not even sold something is wrong price too high or too low ? If worth nothing it means A body cars worth nothing to them then. Looks that way.
We're not supposed to have conversations in the "For Sale" or "Wanted" ads. How much are you asking, they usually sell for between $65 and $100. I sold an NOS one for $125 but that was NOS>

treblig

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back