340 plans

-
lol, ive been reading and re reading all day, i think ill pick up anouth car to do the swap in, im going to build the 340 and run it in the dart, should i port the **** out of the x heads or go aluminum,

Good idea , 340 will be plenty for the car . Might as well go Alu heads , weight saving 50lbs , can run higher compression without detonation , keep the x heads on a shelf , if you ever sell the car . If the car is built properly you could get into the 9.8 - 10,5 sec bracket , that's if you want . Don't know how street-able it will be though , 11.5 - 12 .x sec can be very street capable . Then again everybody has a different idea on what a streetable car is . Mine is a car that can be driven by anyone , can sit in traffic for hours without overheating , gets over 20 mpg highway and doesn't need adjusting every 500 miles .

Good luck , sure hope the 340 puts a smile on your face when you hammer the pedal .
You have some pics of the car ?

thanks 1970 duster and jerry, ill put the x heads away. this will be a weekend car, gas millage doesnt matter, it will have an aluminum rad and twin fans for sure, im looking for around 550hp na. what do you guys recomend. on a side note i picked up a 5.7 core today for 100 bucks lol

-
Back