• J par 410 stroker ?

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • Don't give a rat skippy ?

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Hope they crash into each other ?

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters
-
What's that name they call people that get on forums and just put everything down and act hateful?

Yes I do have the 273 rockers that are ready to bolt on that I took off in lieu of the Hughes rockers I bought last winter. And I do believe I have some 273 pushrods so if that will work together with the lifters that would be perfect now I just need a cam. I have decided to make it its own entity and not take apart anything from the Stroker motor so we'll be trying to redo those heads and if you see from the picture in pretty sad condition. I'm going to try and keep it under a 500 left to be able to use some stock Springs of course I'll put new seals but I'm not even sure if I'll do more than lap the valves which I haven't done since high school auto shop

Ok, if you are going to run a SFT, I'll make you a deal.
I'll trade you the lifters I have and the USED Crane cam I have for the fiberglass bumper IF and only IF you PROMISE ME that you will take the cam to Heard and let him grind you something on it.

There is no way you can use the cam as is, because it's way too big for what you want but the core is a damn nice one and can be reground easily and get you an LSA of 104 to probably 112 if you cut the lift down on it to somewhere around .500-.530ish.

Just don't go in and let Kenny swap you a core...have him grind it on this stick.
What do you think?

I'll need to think on it for a minute. My favorite is trading because we all have all these parts and one needs one part and one needs another and sometimes we have two or too many. And cash isn't easy to come by. Of course the bumper is yours for 60 bucks regardless. I'm sure I should see my buddy at the very least on the 8th that Woodburn. PIR will be whatever that Thursday Friday Saturday and I'll be there Thursday I have to race Friday Saturday and I'll probably be the last day of the one at the Expo Center which is on Friday Saturday Sunday usually so I'll be there in Sunday.

What's that name they call people that get on forums and just put everything down and act hateful?
:drama:

The only thing as you say "put down" was your thread and It's content...because of the fact that this thread isn't helping anyone.
Why is this in smallblock and not general or more so...pm's. Guess that concept is foreign and disturbing to you. :realcrazy:

I really think the $6,000,000 question that is that on everybody's mind is why do you waste your time to read or post on this thread if you're not getting anything from it. If not anything must be getting some kind of entertainment out of it to waste your time posting on it. I guess do you need me to apologize because you don't like this thread or where it's located I'm sorry there you're the bigger man I hope you feel good now
:drama:

The only thing as you say "put down" was your thread and It's content...because of the fact that this thread isn't helping anyone.
Why is this in smallblock and not general or more so...pm's. Guess that concept is foreign and disturbing to you. :realcrazy:

YR your bumper is in Woodburn today ?
I told him that would be probably pushing it for you on a last-minute deal LOL I'll meet up with him sooner or later. Unless you're wanting me to put $10 Gas in my little truck and take the two hour round trip to go get it then you might have to come up with a little bit more than lifters LOL.

YR your bumper is in Woodburn today ?
I told him that would be probably pushing it for you on a last-minute deal LOL I'll meet up with him sooner or later. Unless you're wanting me to put $10 Gas in my little truck and take the two hour round trip to go get it then you might have to come up with a little bit more than lifters LOL.

I said lifters and a cam core. It's a good, aftermarket core not an OE core.

It takes me 3.25-3.50 hours to get to Portland from here. Add another 2 hours to get to WB, plus the traffic.

We will get it fingered out.

Yeah I just let my buddy know a couple days ago to the dig it out of his stuff and that I got someone who wants it. He just text me randomly let me know he'll be at Woodburn he's already thrown in his car trailer and told me the worst case scenario I can get it on our first race. I'm still doing the math on the lifters and then having the ken grind it. Okay I'm just thinking out loud here so I don't need you to get crazy and take any offense I'm thinking $60 for the bumper I'm thinking $75 to have the Cam re-ground? I'm thinking $20 gas in the Durango an hour and a half to go drop it off over in Vancouver then I'm thinking another hour and a half and that's good traffic round trip and another $20 in the Durango to go get it. I'm now a $175 into the cam and lifter and three hours of time but the good things going for it that it will be a custom ground just for the specific application. I'm hoping that this would work with my stock 273 pushrods that I hope I have with the 273 rockers course. And it would take care of two of the bigger ticket items that I'm looking for besides the stuff I need for the automatic transmission but I am also looking for a decent intake manifold dirt cheap. I'm praying for it to be aluminum. When we get into the transmission it will be the shifter mechanism the torque converter and a rebuild kit but I'm sure you seen my list over on the $50 budget Craigslist 360 build on the same part of the form? Please check that list.
I said lifters and a cam core. It's a good, aftermarket core not an OE core.

It takes me 3.25-3.50 hours to get to Portland from here. Add another 2 hours to get to WB, plus the traffic.

We will get it fingered out.

I come to this sight for entertainment.......sometime is in the form of education, sometime it's trying to help and sometimes it for a fun silly thread like this.
Woop just insulted YR and j par in one sentence.:lol:

Ok, follow along once more. EVERY SINGLE factory open chamber small block head is a SMOG HEAD. End of story, over and out, Roger wilco. Got it? Whether it has the exhaust holes under the exhaust ports or not, cast iron, open chamber FACTORY heads are smog heads. Even the X head. I am sure somebody in their infinite wisdom will disagree, but guess what? They are WRONG. Open chambers are good for ONE THING. Emissions. PERIOD.

This is why it is so easy to duplicate the X head. Because every single small Mopar open chamber head is essentially the same. Only exceptions are valve sizes and port sizes.

That said, IMO a well built back yard 410 would smoke a 340. That is, as long as they both use factory iron open chamber heads.

The X heads are the best performing factory head(or p-head as YR calls them) don't believe me just ask chry!
the X head was built in 68............only emission state in 68, was good ol' california. :p
beside, how do open chamber make better emission:poke::)

On the contrary I believe you hit the nail directly on the head! Absolutely no offense at all actually complimented! And of course I'm speaking totally for myself here I do not speak for anyone else. Also I figured the majority would probably be in the rat skipping section but I find it a little disturbing that I don't have as many personal votes as people that would rather see us crashing into each other! :wtf:
I come to this sight for entertainment.......sometime is in the form of education, sometime it's trying to help and sometimes it for a fun silly thread like this.
Woop just insulted YR and j par in one sentence.:lol:

What? What? Someone's taking this seriously? this is obviously a joke from the first post correct .

Update I just checked and I'm ahead of the votes of the people who want to see me crash thank goodness. that could run on my conscience a little bit. I don't think I've treated people that bad on this forum. I might even have to vote for myself and even myself up with YR. I'm sure he's already cast his vote, I can't let him win by his own vote! And by the way that would be the only thing he wins because I'm winning the race

Update I just checked and I'm ahead of the votes of the people who want to see me crash thank goodness. that could run on my conscience a little bit. I don't think I've treated people that bad on this forum. I might even have to vote for myself and even myself up with YR. I'm sure he's already cast his vote, I can't let him win by his own vote! And by the way that would be the only thing he wins because I'm winning the race

HA! I voted for YOU. True dat.

I don't want you to drive to Vancouver. I'll meet you at the swap meet or we can meet someplace closer to where you live. The logistic stuff we can make work.

Let me see what else I have you might want for your wife's deal. I haven't read much of the Craigslist thread to see what you need.

I know I have a used single key way TC&G set if I can find it but I can tell you it was more loose than I would run, but I don't hardly ever use timing chains anyway.

Let me see what I can find.

The X heads are the best performing factory head(or p-head as YR calls them) don't believe me just ask chry!
the X head was built in 68............only emission state in 68, was good ol' california. :p
beside, how do open chamber make better emission:poke::)

I don't have to ask anybody, because I know what I am talking about. Thanks, though.

Well, my j heads wouldn't pass emission on my 340 back in the late 90 with a RV cam................... o what, that was my first set of heads that i ever ported.......and ported Badly! ya know bigger is ALWAY BETTER!:thumbsup:

Hey my Rat Skippy used to have 9 votes and now it has only 8!! Who's the weasel!!

I'm casting my vote after I see YR'S car, witch reminds wasn't he supposed to post a picture ? Damn skippy he was...

-
Back