350 mopar ?

-
this is where i thought this thread was originally going by the title

That's what I thought, too, when I saw the thread title.

RaniDart70 said:
....im pretty sure the main show car from the movie Christine had the 350 engine option ...

As far as I know, you are correct.

The 350 also marked the move by Chrysler towards corporate engines. In the '50's the separate divisions had their own engines.

throw the 350 in it and put Nova stickers on it and head to a super chevy show!!! Guaranteed to win it's class hands down. If anyone asks about the car say it is the Canadian model.

LOL...good one.

Regarding the hypothetical question, I'd drop that mother in and beat the snot out of it. But then again, I built & raced GM cars (Nova, Impala, Malibu and Firebird) for over 30 years before admitting my deep seated desire to own & build a Duster 340.

Pat

Nope i sure didnt know that thanks for telling us i leaned something outta this thread I must say i didnt see that coming lol

That's the engine that was in Christine. the 1958 one year only Golden Commando 350. Chrysler made a 350 long before GM. They knew it wasn't big enough so they threw it in the ditch. lol

On a serious note............

Bastard engine swaps USED to be all about getting more power because that hardware is what you had to use, opposed to what "belonged."

There WERE no HP engines if you wanted to build a HP 40 Chev. You can only get so much out of a 235, so Olds, Poncho, Cad, "other" V8 is what you used

Same thing with off road/ Jeeps. There IS no HP engine for older Jeeps, so "most anything" gets swapped in.

But this---this is different. I see no reason NOT to sell the Chev and trade for a Mopar SB. Hell in "like for like" condition, you should be able to sell/ trade a 350 for a 360

vomiting-baby-o.gif

tres-fatigue.gif

-
Back