360 build

-

musclermndart

Reaction score
i am currently building a 360 for my 71 dart. i am looking to get 400-450 hp along with a 100 shot of nitrous. i am planing to use the stock crank and rods. and 10to 1 forged pistons. any help would be grately appricated. to get to those numbers.

400-450 hp on the motor then 500-550 on funny gas? Number one unless you plan on liking detonation and a blown engine lower the compression down to 8.5. Number 2 I have no clue if the stock crank and rods will be able to hold the extra pressure applied to them with the nitrous, so I have no opinion on that.

So here is the questions I have for you; How much is it going to be driven on the street and track? Whats your goals for it? How much money do you plan to use? Whats your induction plans? Cylinder head plans?

Justa solid performanc build, I'd replace the main bolts with ARPs or studs, internally balance it, and a hydraulic cam in the 230°-240° .050 range will do it. Limit the compression to 9.5:1 static, and run forged pistons.

unless you plan on going to aluminum heads, limit compression to max of 9.5:1 like everyone says. iron heads cant take the heat

gasGULAI'd rather say the iron hold to much heat.

musclermndart; Also, if the head chamber and piston have a good quench area, it would be a better running engine that could use the air and fuel charge more efficently with better power.

rumblefish360 said:
gasGULAI'd rather say the iron hold to much heat.

musclermndart; Also, if the head chamber and piston have a good quench area, it would be a better running engine that could use the air and fuel charge more efficently with better power.

I would agree. I will be running 10.45 compression with my magnum headed 318 and do not see any issues if I use 93 octane. It has been done many times...

If you plan to run NOS, you need to keep the static to 9.5:1 on a street/strip build. Regardless of quench, fuel type, or piston type. It will give the best performance off NOS, great on the bottle, and leaves a lot of cushion for tuning issues. Also, dont forget to open the top ring gap a little too.

i have a nice new MP.508 hyd with the lifters and probably valve springs if your interested?
everything was installed in my 360 but NEVER ran!!!

PM or E-MAIL me.

-
Back