360 Harmonic balancer

-

DARTH V8R

It's a TRAP!
Reaction score
So I was cleaning the balancer & to my surprise I found timing marks.. from 10 degrees ATC to 32 degrees BTC. Never seen that before.

Is this normal from the factory?

damp_zpszpcoeasw.jpg

IIRC you could buy a degrees damper from DC back in the day.

I'd have to dig up an old catalog to verify.

Pretty cool.

You have an example of another one you can show? I seen the 85985 #'s before but never with the timing marks.
I don't know what time it is in your "state of tranquility" , but it's near midnight hear on the west coast and I'll be damed if I'm going out in my pj's to dig around in my old rusty/ oily parts to show you another one. Do you really think your looking at a one of a kind in that picture? Why do you need another example...

I don't know what time it is in your "state of tranquility" , but it's near midnight hear on the west coast and I'll be damed if I'm going out in my pj's to dig around in my old rusty/ oily parts to show you another one. Do you really think your looking at a one of a kind in that picture? Why do you need another example...
Haha that's ok.. whenever you got time.. don't want your jammies gettin all dirty now. ACTUALLY scratch that.. don't need sweet FA from yah. One of a kind he says LMAO.

I think it is only the later type 360 balancers that are degreed like that, the earlier type with the counterweight didn't get degreed. I have one here in OZ that is the same.

What year engines me does yours come From Raymond?

You have an example of another one you can show? I seen the 85985 #'s before but never with the timing marks.

I'll dig out an old DC book right quick and see what I find.

I'm pretty sure no one wanted jPar out in the garage, late at nite in his PJ's.

I didn't want to comment on that. It could have been Burt and Errnie jammies or Barney.... or ...

Just looked in my January 1982 and my 1983 DC cats and I don't see that degrees damper. Maybe it's in my really old DC collection of manuals.

Or possible, I have no idea what I'm talking about. The 80's were kind of a blur for me.

Just some gym shorts in an old Beavis and Butt-head t-shirt. But this comes to mind....
Scooby Dooby Doo where are you? we're ready and we're willing, come on Scooby Doo where are you - we're gonna catch a villain....
I didn't want to comment on that. It could have been Burt and Errnie jammies or Barney.... or ...

Just some gym shorts in an old Beavis and Butt-head t-shirt. But this comes to mind....
Scooby Dooby Doo where are you? we're ready and we're willing, come on Scooby Doo where are you - we're gonna catch a villain....

A villain or the old lady. Either way you can bet on a helluva fight.

Still not going to dig around in my shed yet not at home, but I did manage to find a partial picture of my 318 balancer (if that counts? Out of a cop car) and you can definitely see timing marks on it and degrees Marks. I may have thrown this particular piece of junk away because of what it did to my timing chain cover...
20150801_133222-1-1.jpg

Still not going to dig around in my shed yet not at home, but I did manage to find a partial picture of my 318 balancer (if that counts? Out of a cop car) and you can definitely see timing marks on it and degrees Marks. I may have thrown this particular piece of junk away because of what it did to my timing chain cover...
View attachment 1714939707

I have never seen that before. New one on me. So you actually had 2 dampers that were factory degreed, or just the one you junked? If it was a regular deal it had to be after 1974 or so. I don't think my 1989 has a degreed damper.

The engine came out of a police pursuit car it was a 318 with the 360 heads that I have on the race car now and when I looked up the blocked number it came up race block or something? Blah blah blah- it's at 318

Well we've hashed that one over a few times whether it's worth anything special or not a long time ago. I've thought about selling it as some kind of race block but really I can't prove any of that so it just sits in my shed. I came from an era when being a man and getting called boy was not a good thing FYI. But I guess this is the internet, say what you want I won't get my fealers hurt. Please remember I did as you asked and produced a picture of another one to prove they're nothing special proving I wasn't talking out of my ***. I hope your sarcastic response wasn't part of your feelings getting hurt...
Well then, you have a 4104230 block. Heavy Duty/ race. Your a blessed soul pajama boy.

The engine came out of a police pursuit car it was a 318 with the 360 heads that I have on the race car now and when I looked up the blocked number it came up race block or something? Blah blah blah- it's at 318

Wait a second...where is this block you speak of? Any pics of said block???

I've heard everything from it's supposed to have 4 bolt Mains to It's supposed to have an x on the front of the block? Which it has neither.
What sounds more believable is what I've read about it being possibly later truck block or a factory remanufactured replacement block?
20140321_134154.jpg

-
Back