360 Swap, what's needed?

-

Saetun

Sinister Swinger
Reaction score
Currently have a 318 in my '73 Swinger & have been contemplating swapping for a 360 instead of building the 318. If i do decide to go this route what will be needed to do it right? is it just the harmonic balancer, flexplate & motor mounts, or do I even need a new mount kit? I'm assuming basic geometries are all the same, so all the peripherals will just bolt onto the 360. Is that about what I'm looking at?

If the 360 already has the balencer than all you'll need is a weighted tourque converter your 318 motor mounts will work fine so should your flex plate

The torque converter with the 360 is mated currently to 727, I have a 904 I've read a few places that use of a B&M weighted flexplate will keep me in balance. Is that true or would a 904 specific weighted converter be necessary?

B&M flex plate for a 360 for a 904 trans has a cut out section to ballance the 360 when used with a neutral converter. Worked good for me.
A 904 torque converted that had the 360 ballance weights would work also.

the only things you need are the b&m flexplate and the driver side motor mount. or you can modify the 318 mount.

you need the spool type motor mounts...your 73 should have them on..

just shim the driver side with a stack of washers.....

b&m 10239 is the correct flexplate for a 360/904 with a NO weights on the converter.

-
Back