383 true or false

-
Yeah, Like the guy who told me he bought a 1968 440 6 pack Coronet when he came back from Vietnam, Oh yeah? What unit? 85 Airborne, Stationed in...Soul.

You guys gotta remember,though- these dingleberries reproduce! Once, in high school (yes, this is a very old story- hark, ramenth) a couple of overly large progeny of the liars club were telling me about the 10 440 hemis that their father had pulled out of junk cars and had stuck aside. They felt it necessary to share this with me as I was the local 'car guy', and my agreement would make them somehow legitimate. Step one- explain how such an engine never existed; see their color change from white to red a hands curl inward. Step two- think a second, and 'realize' that these engines were probably made when they changed over from the 426 to 440 and they had bunches of leftover hemi heads; see overwhelming pride and leave with all body parts intact. Yet another urban legend born of self preservation!:-D

"We use to refer to any cam with 270* of duration as a 3/4 cam."

Where I came from, we called 292° cams "3/4 race" cams. Boy, the numbers don't look nearly as impressive now that we are measuring duration at .050", do they!

As I recall the 3/4 started with the flathead Ford guys back in the day before you could buy any aftermarket cam they reground a stock cam.

bingo. Pop started off hot-rodding flathead Fords. The "3/4 race" grind was a fact back in the day. Numbers? Didn't have 'em. You either got a "3/4 race" or a "full race." Specs on '49 Ford flathead: triple duece with a 3/4 race was the hot ticket back in the day.

*sniff sniff* so i read every post in this *sniff* thread and i remember when *sniff* Hey do yall smell something... damn check your shoes

This should become our official BS thread. How many stories can you make up? Err, I mean how many "truthful" stories has someone told you?

I thought this was a poll....where are the little buttons to pick from?:tard:

-
Back