3g hemi gas mileage

-
I swapped out the 6.1 injectors for the 5.7 injectors and it seems to run just fine. I disconnected the battery so it would have a dead reset when I fired it up. It idles about 600 and throttle response is good. Took it for a spin and I was impressed that there was no hesitation when I romped on it. A side note, the tmr mod was done at the same time and I like it, shifts nice 1-2 and quicker also.

I thought I would update and give some more detailed info.
I bought my gauges about 3-4 years ago and hooked them all up except the speedo so I could monitor the engine vitals as I was doing the build. These gauges are electronic and I like them alot due to the old school look of the faces. Fast forward to a year and a half ago, I get the car put back together and fire it up. All gauges work as before and from time to time I need to add gas cause I let it run in the garage and I'm checking codes and fiddling around. I finally get insurance and pay registration and take it out on its official maiden voyage to get the speedo programmed. I notice the mileage is around the 3000 mark, WTF!!! I make some calls to the tech line and the guy is really helpful and I do the speedo programming a few more times, now its damn near on the money speed wise and I happy with that, but the fuel mileage is lousy at best. After posting whats happening here, I try alot of different stuff, motor runs great, mileage sucks still. So I finally just say the hell with it and go on about getting more power. This went on since last Oct. to the end of March.

Now just last Friday, I go fill up, and reset the trip to zero, then go to Taco Bell about a half block away and sitting in the drive thru, the trip is reading 4 tenth's, WTF!!! Then I watch it go to 5, then 6, and so on. The damn thing is counting mileage while it's not moving, WTH!!! So I call the tech line this morning and the guy asks if I have all the grounds connected to one another, I say yes, he say's, seperate the speedo ground and that will do it. So I'm gonna try it and I'll post my finding's later. I sure hope this fixes the problem.

I just ordered a set of gauges from Speedhut. Ordered one of their GPS speedos, can't wait to get back on the road. I called them and grilled them about reliability with the GPS unit and they said they have sold 100s of them around the world and the only time they don't work is when you are in a tunnel or underground. And one fella had a problem when he mounted the reciever upside down under his hood wtf?

I say yes, he say's, seperate the speedo ground and that will do it. So I'm gonna try it and I'll post my finding's later. I sure hope this fixes the problem.

once you separate the grounds they will say to separate the power and run the speedo with its own power. after that they will say your sensor wire need to be shielded because its picking up interference. gee it would be nice if the directions mentioned that crap. went through that crap with my autometer speedo. wish i would have bought a gps speedo.

Well I had to call twice and they said that it would need to be repaired cause it should sit a zero when not moving, also it bounces up to about 20 or so when sitting, so I'll send it back and let them "test and repair or send a new back". Sounds good to me.

hey 72BBSwinger, I received my set of Speedhut gauges 2 weeks ago. GPS as well. I'm now building a custom dash around them. Wooden... :-D how are you dong your dash?

hey 72BBSwinger, I received my set of Speedhut gauges 2 weeks ago. GPS as well. I'm now building a custom dash around them. Wooden... :-D how are you dong your dash?

3 3/8 speedo 3 3/8 tach 3 3/8 4 in 1 in that order but right to left...

once you separate the grounds they will say to separate the power and run the speedo with its own power. after that they will say your sensor wire need to be shielded because its picking up interference. gee it would be nice if the directions mentioned that crap. went through that crap with my autometer speedo. wish i would have bought a gps speedo.

Hey Joe, did you ever get your speedo to work right? I have an Autometer that jumps up to about 130 just moving around my driveway.

I just ordered a new harness to go with my 05' computer, can't wait to get it.

I smell a predator or intune in my immediate future.

it's called late model hemi into early b bodies, look at the 62-65 section, cant miss it.

I got the new replacement speedo and it doesnt count mileage when the key is in the on position. I'm sure glad this working correctly as the other would counted mileage with the key on.

That sucks. Didn't you just get repaired? If so they would be sending me a new one at this point.

I think your misunderstanding what I'm saying. The original speedo was counting mileage when the key was on and the vehichle not moving. It was showing over 4000 miles and I might have put 1000 on it, so odometer mileage and the tripometer was fubar. New replacement speedo does not count mileage with the key on, thats good. So now if I work on it with the key in the on position, it's not racking up the mileage.

Pulling out the 03 harness for the 05 harness and I will say that it was much easier to put the damn thing in than it is to get it out...who put the friggin' engine in the way, lol!!

I think your misunderstanding what I'm saying. The original speedo was counting mileage when the key was on and the vehichle not moving. It was showing over 4000 miles and I might have put 1000 on it, so odometer mileage and the tripometer was fubar. New replacement speedo does not count mileage with the key on, thats good. So now if I work on it with the key in the on position, it's not racking up the mileage.

It was probably the wife taking it out when you were sleeping.......:wack:

Too bad she didn't disconnect the speedo, now I'm on to her tricks, lol!!

-
Back