[WANTED] 4” Ball Hone

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, I think I have 4 1/8". I will check for sure a little later in the day.

Thanks Mike let me know!

I wonder if there would be much of a difference (aside from the 1/8") between the two in their function inside a 4" bore. I would think it would be minimal. I am bored .030 which is negligible.

This much I can tell you from experience...
don't go up to the new kid at the parts store and say do you have a four and a quarter inch Dingle ball hone.... LOL..
He got this terribly scared look on his face and looked all around and said "I just started here!".. LOL.. then ran for the counter and took off back into inventory and I don't believe I've ever seen him there again. LOL...

This much I can tell you from experience...
don't go up to the new kid at the parts store and say do you have a four and a quarter inch Dingle ball hone.... LOL..
He got this terribly scared look on his face and looked all around and said "I just started here!".. LOL.. then ran for the counter and took off back into inventory and I don't believe I've ever seen him there again. LOL...

Poor kid probably felt like he was getting propositioned. Surprised he didn't ask for the make of the vehicle out of habit.

I'll run over to the storage garage in a few min. I am sure mine is over a 4" bore. The one I always stocked on the tool truck. It's a Brush Research Manufacturing made. BRM is a top notch brand.

This is the only one on eBay, WOW when did the price get this high, the last one I bought was about $30.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRUSH-RESE...914418&hash=item48b5eacc40:g:rF8AAOSw5ltdkHPf
They have been around $100 for a long time. Mine is 4 1/8" and 180 grit. I see you would like a fine one. You must be running moly rings. I stocked the coarser one for the stock car guys.

20201012_123623.jpg

20201012_123629.jpg

20201012_123646.jpg

Yea I remember them much cheaper too. That one seems to be the higher end of pricing. Still can find them consisently in the $60s new for the Silicon Carbide. I think a used 4 1/8 320 just sold about an hour ago for $40.

$40 is more like it, There is no way I would pay $94 for one

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back