4 speed pistol grip ?????

-
There is my trans waiting for ghe the motor to be assembled. A neighbor of mine found the old T handle shifter and gave it to me.

Attachments

• 20160313_150753.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 262
Hey guys, since we are on the subject of PG shifters, can we go over them. I am not familiar with how many different ones Mopar used. Also, were they really offered on the '74 models as an option? I saw a pistol grip shifter in a sales video from '73 on YouTube, so I know, at least they were initially offered in '73. Was '70 the first year for the pistol grip? I know they were not available on the '69 models, but did a few '69's make it out of the factory with one? Are there any '73 models extant that came from the factory with a pistol-gripped 4-spd? I take it, there were no 4-spd. cars in '75? Can we have pictures of each different shaft style and which years/body styles there were offered in so us newbies can up our game of knowledge of Mopar muscle cars? Thanks for any help you all can give.

I was also wondering, how many versions of the A-833 New Process 4 speed were made? Were some lighter than other models? What 4 speed trans was used before the A-833 in Mopars muscle cars? Was '61 or '62 considered the first year for Mopars muscle car models? If I buy a '67-'68 Barracuda, which model will I need to find? How much power can a stock A-833 handle without getting grenaded? Thanks!

Jeff

I was also wondering, how many versions of the A-833 New Process 4 speed were made? Were some lighter than other models? What 4 speed trans was used before the A-833 in Mopars muscle cars? Was '61 or '62 considered the first year for Mopars muscle car models? If I buy a '67-'68 Barracuda, which model will I need to find? How much power can a stock A-833 handle without getting grenaded? Thanks!

Jeff

http://www.brewersperformance.com/history.htm

PhilCollins, thanks for the heads-up. I thought there might have been 4 different pistol grip shifters. I knew there were at least 3. I saved Brewers to my favs list. Thanks.

-
Back