4 speed tunnel position question

-
Good luck. And if something doesnt seem right double check again. But i have no doubt you will get her done. Would love to see pics of your progress. It wont be long before youll be doing
:burnout:

:blob:

I have a thread on the restoration section. it is under " my 73 Dart Sport build". I will be updating pics after this weekend. we have the doors , fenders and the engine bay almost ready to put in primer. should have that done this weekend. will update pics after that. will also take a pic of the tunnel sitting in place so you can tell me what you think.

Sounds good. Post the tunnel pic here so it may help others who are second guessing themselves about the position.
:cheers:

I just layed the tunnel in there to see if this is about the right position for this think. I didn't get to work on it this weekend. we are priming the engine bay and other pieces but I just wanted to get some feedback here. the tunnel is real close to the floor all the way around the bottom. I have just about 25" from the center of the hole in the tunnel to the firewall. The only problem I can see is that the rear of the tunnel is going to be close to the seat. gonna have to sit the seat in here to be sure. what do you guys think. does this look about right. like I said, I didn't have a lot of time to mess with this but here s what I have so far.

Attachments

• DSC05421 (Copy).jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 261
Looks about right.Now with a sharpie marker mark all the way around your hump.Then cut 1 inch inside the sharpie marker line.

ok, That is what I had in mind. then I was going to seam seal it. just wanted to make sure it looked in the right spot. Thanks

supposed to weld it. I used Gorilla glue. hey 71 Dodge demon, do they still have Stones truck stop down there in Cleveland, Tn. I used to stop there all the time on my way down to Choo Choo.

I know this post is getting old but it sure is helping me now.
Thanks, and nice work.
tpg

-
Back