413 vs 440??

-
dunno why you bother..mabey becouse we both like info, and lots of it.
anyways,
those are all factory specs. actual production specs where much different my friend. eg: a factory spec'd 906 head chamber calls for 81.5cc. actual production specs where in the nieghborhood of 90+cc's. do the math. hence thats why i said blueprinting is so important. even the depth of each chamber varied wildly. paper is paper. real world is where its at.

PS..very nice demon you have :thumbup:

GЯEENHOЯNET;247969 said:
dunno why you bother..mabey becouse we both like info, and lots of it.
anyways,
those are all factory specs. actual production specs where much different my friend. eg: a factory spec'd 906 head chamber calls for 81.5cc. actual production specs where in the nieghborhood of 90+cc's. do the math. hence thats why i said blueprinting is so important. even the depth of each chamber varied wildly. paper is paper. real world is where its at.

Well my friend the whole start of this thread was finding a block as a starting point for rebuild. Therefore I would and have always gone by the Chyrsler published specs for that starting point. I always measure as found Comp ratio on any 440 or 383 I've done, in the last 30 yrs, to determine the starting point since you can never be sure who's been into the engine before you and whether they knew what the hell they were doing. Furthermore I and many of the members of this site do not require a lecture on "blueprinting" as most of us allready know the "real world".

Yes I like the Demon a lot but will probably be my last.

Terry

Well my friend the whole start of this thread was finding a block as a starting point for rebuild. Therefore I would and have always gone by the Chyrsler published specs for that starting point. I always measure as found Comp ratio on any 440 or 383 I've done, in the last 30 yrs, to determine the starting point since you can never be sure who's been into the engine before you and whether they knew what the hell they were doing. Furthermore I and many of the members of this site do not require a lecture on "blueprinting" as most of us allready know the "real world".

Yes I like the Demon a lot but will probably be my last.

Terry

uh huh.
sorry for adding additional info to this thread. i'll keep that in mind next time.

aight, well again i preciate all the info. Its one of my dads friends that has the 440 so hes gonna tell him ill give him 350 bucks for it and see what he says. ill keep you guys posted one i find out anything else. thanks

-
Back